Question for some of the older Reonauts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Mia- my right hand went completely numb a few years ago due to nerve damage. (yep, i was right-handed) my left hand has numb fingertips due to carpal tunnel. i don't think i have yet suffered arthritis, but thanks to the numbness, i may never know.

the only real tip i have for the 3 ml bottles is that the 6 ml in the grand are far, far easier.
i still have no idea what is wrong with my hands, but i've put off dealing wiht it for awhile, and its recently gotten much worse.
well... in a few days i will see ;) i got a 18650 woodvil incoming.

I read some one say they put a little felt pad inside the reo behind the bottle. That way when you press the bottle it presses from the back side also. Seems like it would take less of a press with this. Haven't tried it myself and cant remember who posted it but it might be worth a try.

that is a great idea!

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Don't put off health related concerns, if it bothers you, IMO, go see the doc!

Putting off health problems really affect the quality of life, and sometimes it's something simple that can be done to alleviate your problem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did. series of tests said nothing. useless waste of money. i'm going to see a rheumatologist because even tho the GP thinks nothing is wrong, my hands say otherwise LOl

i put on my button cover! it's aweeeesome.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
Something I have noticed with the older bottles being softer, I think it because of finger nail taking off some of the plastic over time making the walls of the bottles a little thiner. Not sure if a person could maybe take sand paper and wear the bottle down a little, hmmmm maybe something to try over the next couple of days, I do have a pretty large supply of new bottle to experiment with!

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
Something I have noticed with the older bottles being softer, I think it because of finger nail taking off some of the plastic over time making the walls of the bottles a little thiner. Not sure if a person could maybe take sand paper and wear the bottle down a little, hmmmm maybe something to try over the next couple of days, I do have a pretty large supply of new bottle to experiment with!

mama said that karen said to boil them to make them softer! i haven't tried it yet, but i'm thinking im gonna!

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
mama said that karen said to boil them to make them softer! i haven't tried it yet, but i'm thinking im gonna!

I also think someone said that boiling worked for them, but only for a little while. Then the bottle got harder again.

I'd imagine these bottles are kind of like leather.... tough and stiff when new, but with repeated use, they get softer.

And here comes the comments now.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
You can also tilt the Reo on it's side, slide the door up halfway, put your thumb on the bottle, then tilt upright. you can now squonk a bit easier and when you remove your thumb the door drops into place and the magnets grab it. with practice I can now slide the door up with my thumb without tilting.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this tip! :facepalm: Why can't I think of these little gems myself? I have hand strenth/intermittent pain issues myself. Combine that with thick, 100%VG juice, and yeah, hurty squirty. This works brilliantly! I now can squonk with little effort, even use my middle and ring fingers together for extra strength on my part.

:headbang:As always, Reovillians ROCK! Only thing left is to wait for my button covers, to complete my "disabled-friendly" Reo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread