Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Hey Brewtus, could you tell me if you are selling the NF Flavor Organic Extracts made for coffee beans by NF or are you selling the extracts? There is some confusion in the DIY community here because NF suggests using their coffee bean extracts for making ejuice but, you have the description on your site for the extracts. We are curious.

Thanks!

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Hey Brewtus, could you tell me if you are selling the NF Flavor Organic Extracts made for coffee beans by NF or are you selling the extracts? There is some confusion in the DIY community here because NF suggests using their coffee bean extracts for making ejuice but, you have the description on your site for the extracts. We are curious.

Thanks!

We are selling extracts.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2012
San Diego CA
I know :)
The type of juice is for flavoring coffee beans
But its the same that is used for e juice
If they say you can use it for e juice , they are now responsible if you have a health issue and there liability insurance will triple according to a phone conversation.So all they will tell you is that others use it for that purpose.

We are selling extracts.

Two quick questions......

Apart from the higher prices for Nature Flavor's Coffee & Tea line of products, are there other reasons you chose to resell extracts instead of their Coffee & Tea products? eg: better flavor, etc.

My only health concern comes from inhaling diacetyl. On NF's web site, under the 'Flavors' menu, they have an option for 'Flavors without Diacetyl' but there are no extracts listed, only Coffee & Tea related products are shown as being Diacetyl-free. Does this mean when I order NF extracts from HDV I'm taking a risk that some or all of the flavors are not Diacetyl-free?

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Two quick questions......

Apart from the higher prices for Nature Flavor's Coffee & Tea line of products, are there other reasons you chose to resell extracts instead of their Coffee & Tea products? eg: better flavor, etc.
>>We prefer these for several reasons, mainly because the are ethyl alcohol based and are ideal for those who don't like PG or are allergic.

My only health concern comes from inhaling diacetyl. On NF's web site, under the 'Flavors' menu, they have an option for 'Flavors without Diacetyl' but there are no extracts listed, only Coffee & Tea related products are shown as being Diacetyl-free. Does this mean when I order NF extracts from HDV I'm taking a risk that some or all of the flavors are not Diacetyl-free?
>> A valid concern, the flavors we've come across that contain Diacetyl we have not purchased, but your welcome to contact NF and verify this to squash your concern.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Thanks for replying Brewtus.

Is it fair to say that in your opinion NF's Diacetyl-free list is incomplete without containing, at least some, extracts?

Only NF can answer this question with certainty. I make no assumptions, but I do read the ingredient list before I purchase new flavors.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
The Raspberry cream is awesome !!! Very clean tasting :) The other 3 flavors are waiting their turn to enter my Reo :vapor:

Forgot I ordered NF cookie dough too.Always nice when you can surprise yourself LOL

The cookie dough does need a good steep to really come out, try it at about 2 weeks for the best flavor.

Only NF can answer this question with certainty. I make no assumptions, but I do read the ingredient list before I purchase new flavors.

Thanks again Brewtus. I have sent them an inquiry and am hopeful it will be nothing more than an outdated web site listing.

BTW There's no requirement for NF to include Diacetyl in the ingredient list even if it were in the product. Like many other ingredients Diacetyl would simply appear in the list as "Flavors" (see ingredient lists below). I believe this generic wording is allowed by the FDA so mfrs can protect their proprietary formulas or trade secrets. Understandable, given that their flavorings were formulated to be eaten with food where Diacetyl poses no health risk, unlike inhaling via ecig.

Here's a quote from an old article about Diacetyl labeling on foods known to contain the substance, to the best of my knowledge laws haven't changed since......

It is almost impossible to find "diacetyl" listed when you read the ingredients on the labels of oils, butters, margarines and cooking sprays. In almost all cases, the only indication that it may be present will

be the mention of "natural and artificial flavorings."
That’s all the FDA demands, because it considers diacetyl to be safe to use.

NF Ingredients for Organic Extracts and Coffee/Tea products...
Extracts: Organic Ethyl Alcohol, Water, Natural and Organic Plant and Vegetable Extracts
Coffee/Tea: Organic Ethyl Alcohol, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Flavors

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Thanks again Brewtus. I have sent them an inquiry and am hopeful it will be nothing more than an outdated web site listing.

BTW There's no requirement for NF to include Diacetyl in the ingredient list even if it were in the product. Like many other ingredients Diacetyl would simply appear in the list as "Flavors" (see ingredient lists below). I believe this generic wording is allowed by the FDA so mfrs can protect their proprietary formulas or trade secrets. Understandable, given that their flavorings were formulated to be eaten with food where Diacetyl poses no health risk, unlike inhaling via ecig.

Here's a quote from an old article about Diacetyl labeling on foods known to contain the substance, to the best of my knowledge laws haven't changed since......

NF Ingredients for Organic Extracts and Coffee/Tea products...
Extracts: Organic Ethyl Alcohol, Water, Natural and Organic Plant and Vegetable Extracts
Coffee/Tea: Organic Ethyl Alcohol, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Flavors

My suggestion, if your concerned about it, best not to use them. Maybe try Capella's (Ella's on our site)?

I appreciate your feedback Brewtus and didn't want to come across as being distrustful. I know how labels and ingredient lists can lead to one to believe obscure substances are not contained in a product when they really are.

FYI NF's response is that most extracts are in fact Diacetyl-free and that they will be adding those products to their Diacetyl-free list sometime this week:)

Have a great day!

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
I appreciate your feedback Brewtus and didn't want to come across as being distrustful.
Thanks for clarifying, your previous posts (to me) suggested otherwise. IMO this is something you should have asked NF to begin with as they are the one's who actually make the products. We only buy and resell.

FYI NF's response is that most extracts are in fact Diacetyl-free and that they will be adding those products to their Diacetyl-free list sometime this week:)
Good to know.

Have a great day!
Same to you.

To be clear, I have put my own inquiry into NF regarding the flavors we currently stock to see if any of them contain Diacetyl and am awaiting a response.

Hello Brewtus,

That's why I asked you first. I thought you may have already done that and wouldn't mind sharing your findings.

In the meantime I've been watching NF's web site. They've added many flavors "without Diacetyl" to their product listings but haven't yet added anything new to the "Flavors without Diacetyl" menu, it still shows only the Coffee/Tea product line. Typing Organic Extract Diacetyl into their search box lists all the diacetyl-free extracts, where they've apparently added an /ND suffix to the stock#.

However, another search shows that products without the /ND suffix can still be ordered. I assume both are one in the same product but the dual listing gives me pause over the diacetyl content in products they've already sold.

Have you ever received a response from NF about the flavors you currently have in stock? Are they essentially the same /ND products even though they may not have been labeled as such? Just want to be sure before placing an order with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread