Question Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcguffie

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland, UK
I tried capella's mango in the past for my wife and it was fair strong using around 15% in a 50-50 mix, I would have thought higher PG would make up for slightly less flavouring (12.5% if my math is right) and sometimes a little more power can help bring out a flavour.
My problem is called vapers tongue I believe, I made a custard that I really like, but after a few hours the flavour dwindles away, I need to switch to something else for just a few vapes and when I go back to it, the flavour is back with a bang, strange.

ktcmojo

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
I tried capella's mango in the past for my wife and it was fair strong using around 15% in a 50-50 mix, I would have thought higher PG would make up for slightly less flavouring (12.5% if my math is right) and sometimes a little more power can help bring out a flavour.
My problem is called vapers tongue I believe, I made a custard that I really like, but after a few hours the flavour dwindles away, I need to switch to something else for just a few vapes and when I go back to it, the flavour is back with a bang, strange.
Im sorry and I suppose to be pretty stupid but I dont see how that helps me...........thank you tho!

ktcmojo

Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
21 mls of liquid & 4mls of flavor correct? I think you've put in way to much flavor. If there isn't a recommended %, I start at about 5% and adjust from there. To much flavor tends to end up the same as no flavor. hth!
Interesting! I used the juice me Up calculator with a few TINY differences-LESS flavor cause I was out of it!
SOMEHOW I will get this.............i have FOUR GALLONS of PG and VG liquid! At least I have something to play with!!
Thanks guys for any input-I dont expect to be making premium ANYTHING just yet but it HURTS paying $30 for a 30ml bottle of juice!!
Ive got time and I have recipes so Ill see what I can do!

Reactions: Vchick

dawnmarie

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Las Vegas Nevada
www.diyflavorshack.com
Mixing can be tricky especially since every flavor is different. It would be nice if they were all the same % and so on...at least in my perfect world it would be :)

Here are a few tricks. Start with low. You can always add more flavoring. Adding too much can cause your liquid to taste chemically or have almost no taste at all. They type of atty you are using can also impact this. You'll find if you are using a dripper you will need far less flavoring but with a basic tank like a CE5 or Pro Tank you will need considerably more flavor. It is key to note that the hotter the coil burns the stronger the flavor is going to be and oftentimes liquids can taste different on different devices.

I would recommend starting at 3% for strong citrus flavors. Make a batch without the nicotine (if you are using any) and adjust the flavoring at a 0mg. When the flavor is where you would like you can then use this as your base. Take a bottle and add the amount of nicotine you need to get your desired strength. Then fill the rest of your bottle with the base you made. This will keep your nicotine strength constant.

PG based flavors are stronger and tend to carry much better then VG based flavors, however, plain VG will make e-liquids sweeter. Try mixing your liquid at a 70/30 starting with 3-5% flavoring and go up up from there.

I sincerely hope this helps...Let me know if you have any other questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread