Question re atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chammond

Feb 10, 2016
I purchased a vaporfi pro 2 kit to get started, and some of the dual coil 1.5 oh atomizers it came with. It comes with the 650, 3.7 volt battery. Some of the juice I bought couldn't be used in that tank, so I went ahead and ordered a Kanger Pro 2 tank and some other juices from Mt. Baker. This tank came with 2.5 ohm single coils, but I ordered an extra box and got the 1.5 ohm. After doing a little reading I'm afraid these may be unsafe with this battery. I don't mind ordering more if I need to, but can these be used safely with a 3.7 v battery?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I believe all the batteries used in vaping are in that voltage range. If your mods are regulated they will have an ohm's range they allow. Read he spec's to determine that. If the ohms of a coil are too high or too low for a particular regulated mod, that's working properly, it will sense that and refuse to supply power to the coil.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I purchased a vaporfi pro 2 kit to get started, and some of the dual coil 1.5 oh atomizers it came with. It comes with the 650, 3.7 volt battery. Some of the juice I bought couldn't be used in that tank, so I went ahead and ordered a Kanger Pro 2 tank and some other juices from Mt. Baker. This tank came with 2.5 ohm single coils, but I ordered an extra box and got the 1.5 ohm. After doing a little reading I'm afraid these may be unsafe with this battery. I don't mind ordering more if I need to, but can these be used safely with a 3.7 v battery?

1: Why couldn't some of the juices be used in the tank? Is it a plastic tank?

2: You should be ok with 1.5 ohm coils;
watts = volts x volts / ohms = 3.7 x 3.7 / 1.5 = 9 watts.

a 650 mAh is a bit small, but it should work for somebody just starting out.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

Yes Pro Tank coils have a high enough resistance so you won't have any problems at all.

Before you start buying a lot of juice online go to a vape shop and see if they sample flavors.

Always take a drip tip along or see if you can borrow one.

Some vape shops allow samples by RDA.

Other vape shops like Velvet Vapers (Broadway and Williams) in Tucson has sample tasting attys for every flavor they carry.

Then some shops don't offer samples at all.

You need to sample just to find what flavors work for you and MOST IMPORTANTLY the flavors you can't stand.

chammond

Feb 10, 2016
Yes Pro Tank coils have a high enough resistance so you won't have any problems at all.

Before you start buying a lot of juice online go to a vape shop and see if they sample flavors.

Always take a drip tip along or see if you can borrow one.

Some vape shops allow samples by RDA.

Other vape shops like Velvet Vapers (Broadway and Williams) in Tucson has sample tasting attys for every flavor they carry.

Then some shops don't offer samples at all.

You need to sample just to find what flavors work for you and MOST IMPORTANTLY the flavors you can't stand.
I do intend to go to a shop, but the closest one is 90 miles away, so a little bit of a trek! I'm really glad I found this forum, there are a lot of people willing to help with all the little things you have to know when starting and don't have anywhere local to go to for support. Thanks!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you do come back to this thread @chammond please be sure to check out all the lovely independent vaping stores (online and real shops) that sell lots of vaping hardware.

I am on a personal crusade against a few of the 'brand' shops. You happen to have bought from the #1 store at the top of my list.

Luckily, in the UK, things have settled down and even the worst brands have reduced their prices and dishonorable 'claims'. The world-famous search engine is not our friend in these matters... money buys (as they say) and we end up paying.

Good luck :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I do intend to go to a shop, but the closest one is 90 miles away, so a little bit of a trek! I'm really glad I found this forum, there are a lot of people willing to help with all the little things you have to know when starting and don't have anywhere local to go to for support. Thanks!

Bummer. Sorry to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread