Question regarding headaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Also keep in mind that as our bodies adjust to getting nicotine, without all the other crap that goes along with smoking, we find that we can lower the nic content. And sometimes need to lower the nic.

You might want to try vaping a much lower nic a couple of hours before bed. See if that helps. There is no firm way of doing things. Which makes this whole thing such fun :rolleyes: You're going to have to play around with different levels until you find your comfort zone.

Then in a few months, do it all over again. :facepalm: But if you can nail it down now, you will know what to look for if it happens again.

Good luck and let us know how you progress! This type of conversation helps others that may be having the same issues ;)

Thank you! I'm going to keep an eye on things, and try to pinpoint what's happening.

Reactions: Robino1

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
I'm thinking there's a possibility that I'm getting too much nicotine, was fine on 18 but now that I'm (sometimes) using 18 in a subtank, I think it's a bit too much. I might try using a 12 more often, on a regular basis. (And use 18 less often.) I have a lot of 12 and 18 right now, went a little overboard on getting all my juices, but that allows me to play around with it a bit.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Update: I had (what seemed like) some slight nicotine poisoning symptoms, chest pain, headache, etc.

I received a ton of new juices in the mail this morning, mostly 18mg. I got really excited about it, and chain vaped all morning and afternoon until I didn't feel quite right. At that point I slowed down considerably. I usually vape around 5ml/day (of 18mg) and that seems to work for me so far. I completely lost track of how much I was vaping today... I think that's where the issue lies.

Thank you for your input, everyone. Was/is much appreciated!

But one more question - when can I vape again? I've put it down for a bit, and I'm only taking maybe 6 puffs an hour or so, give or take. Seems like each time I have some, some symptoms slightly reappear. I'm drinking a lot of water, it's helping a lot.
I feel ok at the present moment, so I don't believe I need to see a doctor tonight. (Can't anyway, heading to work soon.) Any input is appreciated!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I'll tell ya, straight up, if your lung inhaling 18 out of a subtank your one tough cookie lol

I would without a doubt back off or drop down.
I started on 24
Got into rebuildables instantly went 18 then 14.
Got a dripper went to 10
Started doing lunger's went to 8-6( I'm not too precise on DIY)

The size of the cloud just carries way too much nic lungin sub coils.

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I would give it an hour or two and the have a few puffs, and then I would look into some 6mg just to see how that works out for you. When I first started vaping I thought I NEEDED a high mg because of how much I used to smoke and that was a lot, 2 PAD for 20+ years and quickly found out I needed much less nic when vaping because I could do it it many more places.

ETA: I chain vape 6mg most of the day with no issues but give me some 12 and I'll be nic sick in minutes.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Update: I had (what seemed like) some slight nicotine poisoning symptoms, chest pain, headache, etc.

I received a ton of new juices in the mail this morning, mostly 18mg. I got really excited about it, and chain vaped all morning and afternoon until I didn't feel quite right. At that point I slowed down considerably. I usually vape around 5ml/day (of 18mg) and that seems to work for me so far. I completely lost track of how much I was vaping today... I think that's where the issue lies.

Thank you for your input, everyone. Was/is much appreciated!

But one more question - when can I vape again? I've put it down for a bit, and I'm only taking maybe 6 puffs an hour or so, give or take. Seems like each time I have some, some symptoms slightly reappear. I'm drinking a lot of water, it's helping a lot.
I feel ok at the present moment, so I don't believe I need to see a doctor tonight. (Can't anyway, heading to work soon.) Any input is appreciated!

I think it's pretty common to overdo it on the nic when you're first starting out. I know I experienced a lot of nic poisoning my first week of vaping.

You said you have some 12mg juice, yes? If so, I would try vaping on that for the rest of the day. If you start to feel your headache coming back, then take a break. Tomorrow, just as an experiment, I would try vaping your 12mg at the same frequency you were vaping your 18 this morning. If you don't feel any nic poisoning symptoms coming on, then that's probably a good indication that the proper nic level for the frequency at which you're currently vaping is somewhere between 12 and 18. From there, you can either choose to vape 18 less frequently or chain vape on 12 until the cows come home. ;)

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Oh cafe man you ain't kidding. In the beginning it Seemed like every new vape mail I was hugging my pillow trying to make the room quit spinning so fast lol

LMAO I too am guilty of this, look vape mail puff puff puff oh man this is great puff puff puff oh mah gerd I'm gonna vomit. :lol:

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Oh cafe man you ain't kidding. In the beginning it Seemed like every new vape mail I was hugging my pillow trying to make the room quit spinning so fast lol

Yeah man, that first week or so was awful for me, and I was a heavy cigar smoker! Even when the room was spinning, my thought process was, "Oh man, I need to slow down! Well, maybe just one more drag...this tastes so goooooood! Oh boy, I think I'm going to be sick..." :lol:

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
I'll tell ya, straight up, if your lung inhaling 18 out of a subtank your one tough cookie lol

I would without a doubt back off or drop down.
I started on 24
Got into rebuildables instantly went 18 then 14.
Got a dripper went to 10
Started doing lunger's went to 8-6( I'm not too precise on DIY)

The size of the cloud just carries way too much nic lungin sub coils.

Yeah, I definitely overdid it this morning and afternoon. Using 12 in my nautilus mini right now, it's sorta looking like I should step down a bit... Don't need this happening again.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Yeah, I definitely overdid it this morning and afternoon. Using 12 in my nautilus mini right now, it's sorta looking like I should step down a bit... Don't need this happening again.
Yea, at first its cool, ya get that fuzzy feeling, and the room kinda has a cool glow to it an BAM, ohhhh my head hurts, someone pull these ice picks out of my eyes, lol

Reactions: caferacer

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Only way to really tell is experimenting a little. Vape more than usual see what happens, vape less than usual see what happens.

Yup, finding the correct nic level for yourself, especially in the beginning, is all about titration. Try a little more, then a little less until you've found what works best for you.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
I think it's pretty common to overdo it on the nic when you're first starting out. I know I experienced a lot of nic poisoning my first week of vaping.

You said you have some 12mg juice, yes? If so, I would try vaping on that for the rest of the day. If you start to feel your headache coming back, then take a break. Tomorrow, just as an experiment, I would try vaping your 12mg at the same frequency you were vaping your 18 this morning. If you don't feel any nic poisoning symptoms coming on, then that's probably a good indication that the proper nic level for the frequency at which you're currently vaping is somewhere between 12 and 18. From there, you can either choose to vape 18 less frequently or chain vape on 12 until the cows come home. ;)

I think I'm going to use 18 much less frequently, and use mostly 12. What I'd like to do is pick up some supplies so I can dilute my 18 stuff. (I have quite a bit of it... Wouldn't want it to go to waste, that's for sure.)

Reactions: caferacer

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015

I use sub ohm tanks mostly but I keep it at 3-6 mg nicotine and try to balance it out by vaping more or less rather than increasing nicotine. It just requires convincing yourself that nicotine isn't the key, half the addiction is mental and that is the harder part to beat after the initial quit.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
I think I'm going to use 18 much less frequently, and use mostly 12. What I'd like to do is pick up some supplies so I can dilute my 18 stuff. (I have quite a bit of it... Wouldn't want it to go to waste, that's for sure.)

Buy yourself some empty bottles, maybe a couple of blunt needle syringes, and some 6mg juice that's the same flavor as your 18 and you should be good to go! :thumb:

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
Yup, finding the correct nic level for yourself, especially in the beginning, is all about titration. Try a little more, then a little less until you've found what works best for you.

I tried 12 for the first week, and couldn't stop vaping... Didn't feel satisfied. Moved up to 18, chain vaped a little too much because of tons of new juices that came in the mail... Made myself a little sick. Past 2 days (before today) I vaped around 5ml of 18/day. Felt great at that level. All I can figure is that I might have vaped that amount (or more) in the morning and early afternoon alone. Oops! Lesson learned... It's all trial and error I suppose.

sailorneptune01

May 23, 2015
I use sub ohm tanks mostly but I keep it at 3-6 mg nicotine and try to balance it out by vaping more or less rather than increasing nicotine. It just requires convincing yourself that nicotine isn't the key, half the addiction is mental and that is the harder part to beat after the initial quit.

I sub ohm vaped 18 all morning and afternoon... Quickly learned that it was a bad idea! Knew that I should be sub ohm vaping 12 or even possibly less, but I had some great flavours in 18 and they were definitely calling my name. Feeling better now though, drinking lots of water and no headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread