Question - Triton Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
Hold on, I'll find the link to that thread. But do this.

With the tank on the battery WITHOUT the coil, push the button. If you get 3 blinks, the tank has a short. If you get a steady light for 4 to 5 secons, the tank is fine.

Try that, young JavaDan. And report back.

(or Old Java Dan, but he'd new to us)

Oh, and you are now a HALON!!!

We are Halon (c)2013 wheezal

Here's an update on what I thought was the dead tank . . . . .

I did as you advised, and low and behold, the battery light remained steady.

I screwed in another coil assembly and filled the tank. The battery light didn't blink, but there was no atomizing happening.

Using the same tank, I put in another coil, and still no vaper production. I screwed in a brand new coil assembly and - IT'S ALIVE!

The problem the whole time was the coil(s), not the tank. It is working fine with a new coil. I suspect that the original coil in that tank (which I threw away) was causing the short, and the other 2 I tested with were also bad. They had been around for a while.

As for the other tank's leaking issue - one of the 2 failing coils I used to test the first tank came from the leaking tank. Related? - not sure yet. I'll play with that one tomorrow, but at least one of them has been resurrected from the grave.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Cool. I'm glad you found the problem.

I wouldn't totally toss the old coil heads. One day, you might lose the condom or the silver little top down the drain. And I save the wick. I could use it, cutting it in half if I had to. And one day, I might try to rebuild one...

You could try a good soak of the coil, then a dri burn, then another rinse. It might revitalize. But then again, $2.50 and no troubles.

Ha, I went through $2.50 in a few hours of analogs!!!

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
I'm glad you have one mystry solved JavaDan, let us know what you discover on the other. Whoohoo on the resurrecttion from the dead, did you use a special spell Diva may can use it on her VV Manuel who recently departed. :lol:

I put the tank in front of the computer screen so it could see that gorgeous photo of you. That's all it took. :p

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
How many more time will I advise everyone to pick up a cheap multitester

Never again soak up a coil head with valuable tasty juice just to find out it's dead. I check all my coils with the mt before they go in. It's either check them, or take a risk, or just keep using new ones. For $5.50, it'd pay for itself quick. Plus, you can check your bat voltage, and lots of other things.

Like you have a pile of AAA batteries. Which ones are near dead? Which are the strongest before you put them in some device?

Just get one.

(I wonder if always99 ever found her hubbies MT...)

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
Cool. I'm glad you found the problem.

I wouldn't totally toss the old coil heads. One day, you might lose the condom or the silver little top down the drain. And I save the wick. I could use it, cutting it in half if I had to. And one day, I might try to rebuild one...

You could try a good soak of the coil, then a dri burn, then another rinse. It might revitalize. But then again, $2.50 and no troubles.

Ha, I went through $2.50 in a few hours of analogs!!!

I'll try that. Sure doesn't hurt.

Thanks Dave.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
You never had a link before now I see what one looks like. I think I've seen one around here somewhere.

I use it to check guitar and mike cables and speaker wire all the time for music. Your little ones might have one.

Really, Evie, you'd learn a lot with a new tool... I mean, didn't Miss Winters?

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use it to check guitar and mike cables and speaker wire all the time for music. Your little ones might have one.

Really, Evie, you'd learn a lot with a new tool... I mean, didn't Miss Winters?

I remember you promised you'd show me how to work it when I got one and Miss Winters is expecting a delivery tomorrow so excited, I've never owned one before!!!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I remember you promised you'd show me how to work it when I got one and Miss Winters is expecting a delivery tomorrow so excited, I've never owned one before!!!

Dear Miss Winters,

Your delivery should be there tomorrow. My staff stands ready to assist you in the install and full implementation. I'm as exited as you are. I'm sure it'll measure up to all expectations.

Sincerely,
Mr. Ono

JavaDan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Chesapeake Bay
That's a pretty good vid.

So, you confirmed bad coils? Cool!!!

And check the voltage from the bat right off a charge and a few times during the discharge.

It's a tool most vapors should have.

One coil was DOA. The other, strangely enough, was reading 4.8 ohms - it was a 2.2 ohm coil that came with the starter kit. Weird.

I checked the VV battery and that thing was dead on with the dial - even after using it most of the day. Good product - way to go Halo.

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
One coil was DOA. The other, strangely enough, was reading 4.8 ohms - it was a 2.2 ohm coil that came with the starter kit. Weird.

I checked the VV battery and that thing was dead on with the dial - even after using it most of the day. Good product - way to go Halo.

I found my 2 VVs were dead on true. Not that it matters, but it's nice to see good calibration.

I had a coil that reads very high also. Our friend Chesty came up with the best explanation. The coil wires are just pressed against metal with the grommets. Perhaps some grunge is in between the wire and the metal, not allowing a good connection. Maybe by a little twist or manipulation of the little metal plug at the bottom of the coil might scrape things free, and allow the current to flow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread