Question? Why has no one made a dripping atty e-pipe??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Absintheur:8105063 said:
I have a couple e-pipes and I have a couple rebuildable attys...I cannot envision how you could place the atty in the bowl. The attys do not work upside down and your opening for the vapor above the coil. So you would have to drip, put on a airtight cap, fire the atty drawing the vapor out the top, down the inside of the bowl, through a tube past the battery to the stem. Would take some mighty lungs.

My best thought would be a Bavarian style pipe with a long bowl and you could us the lower stem to hold the battery.

barvpipe.jpg

I don't know ... your going to lose a lot of flavor with a stem like that. Worth a try though. I need to do a simple graphic of what I was talking about because I honestly think it would give a solid vaping experience along with a pretty cool look.

Problem with pipe smokers would be that they are so use to that very warm and strong flavor. So in designing something we have to take that into account.

Remember vapor doesn't interact the same way as smoke.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
izdalion:8105363 said:
Why do people prefer dripping is there difference in taste?

Depends on what your dripping on. The flavors are more pronounced when dripping.
In this case, the epipe, it would be more authentic to the pipe.

Dependant on the juice too.

The reality is ... the shorter the path the vapor travels ... the more flavor you generally get. Drip attys provide a short pathway. So do genesis style attys ... which is why they've gained so much popularity.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo

The reality is ... the shorter the path the vapor travels ... the more flavor you generally get. Drip attys provide a short pathway. So do genesis style attys ... which is why they've gained so much popularity.

I disagree with this. Tho the shorter path does provide a warmer vape I don't notice much change in flavor. I tried a top coil clearomizer that had the coil right near my lips and it was a very muted flavor. When I use long drip tips on an atomizer the flavor stays the same as a short dt, just not as warm.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Jerms:8105536 said:

I disagree with this. Tho the shorter path does provide a warmer vape I don't notice much change in flavor. I tried a top coil clearomizer that had the coil right near my lips and it was a very muted flavor. When I use long drip tips on an atomizer the flavor stays the same as a short dt, just not as warm.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Flavors tend to "stick" from my experience. .The longer the pathway ... the less the flavor imho.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
A small bottle in the stem to feed a bottom feed atty would work. To keep the stem from looking overly fat it would have to be a sample sized bottle tho. If you used a metal tube for the stem you could use a V-Mod size bottle without it looking odd. I have an e-pipe that work like a Spheriod atty with a fiber fill tank to feed the atty in the stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread