Question: why higher wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I'm loving my big 28g 2.1ohm coil in my kayfun. 22 watts does it well. That is around 6.7 volts. I'm barley above the older 15 watt mods. But I get a fair amount of vapor. In fact for stealth vaping its too much. Clouds come out of my cubicle if I don't watch it. Strictly mouth to lung hitter. To each his own...

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
like anything else, you get used to more. Use a Goblin for a few days and chances are you're ruined for Kayfuns. It's not about cloud chasing, it's about people vaping at the level that gives them satisfaction. I usually build between .3-.6 and run 30w-55w depending on what I'm vaping on. It's the vape I like now. Before that it was an ST Mini at 23.5w and before that it was a 306LR on a 3.7v tube mod. Do I blow clouds now? Yeah as a side effect of how I like to vape, but I'd be just as happy with the vape if it was thin and wispy vapor like the old stuff. For me it's about that feeling of core satisfaction when I take a pull, and now I get that vaping lower resistance at higher power.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
Thanks everyone for opinions. Let me contribute my experience for other newer people.

I finally got the regulated box mod, Siglei, and tried to build between 0.6 to 1.5 ohms, and set wattage between 10 to 16 w. Yes, higher wattage = better vape. It's produces a little more vapor but more important is warmer, hit harder, feel closer to the real cigarette.

Disadvantages: harder to build the coil, if coil is not perfect, it will burn/harsh. Go through juice and battery lot quicker. Mesh burn a lot quicker too. I used to vape at 7 to 9 w and could reuse the mesh to rebuild for a long time. But now, the mesh is burn bad, I only can reuse the mesh for several builds.

Do I like to stay at this higher wattage? Yes, between 12 to 16 w

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I can only hit on a tank or dripper for about 4 seconds max. I want as much tasty vapor as I can get in that amount of time. My coils tend to be between .3-.5 for Kanthal regular coils as well as twisted wire, and if I am using dual Claptons, it needs a large wattage to avoid a slow ramp up time. Even with regular contact coils, that vapor is pretty much instantaneous at the 50-65watts I vape my non-TC builds at.

xwarp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Tucson AZ
For those who still love to vape at 7-14 watts and don't understand why someone would need 30-100+ watts to have a satisfying vape, ............

I don't vape at higher wattages to produce monster clouds, bro. Those are just a bonus :) I just think it is much more satisfying to blow out more vapor and have those delicious clouds leave my mouth for a longer period of time. Also, lung hitting grew on me and I feel I would have a hard time going back to mouth to lung hits.

I was content, for a while, working with an eVic and an Aerotank.

But then I started smoking again.

Started using the eVic and Aerotank again and the eVic started acting up. I decided that I needed something better.

Ended up with a Sigelei 100plus and a Subtank Mini.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

While I wasn't interested in the larger cloud, the flavor and lung hit has made a huge difference for me.

It's also made me regret not getting something better a long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaguar G

Jaguar G

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Just west of Cool, Texas
I agree with you xwarp. I started on a 808, then went to a Joye 510 2 ohm on a AW battery, then just kept smoking, then a 1.5 ohm Joye 510, then just kept smoking.

Last week I got a Innokin Coolfire IV and a Kranger Subtank Mini and only crave cigs 1st thing in the morning, and when I can avoid that one I can go all day. I am not even really trying to quit, just not smoking and vaping instead.

I only vape between 18 and 25 watts with either the .5 or 1.2 ohm head but it gives good hits and is really satisfying. I'm looking at the Innokin MVP 3.0 60W now, not for the power but for longer battery life (and an excuse to pick up another tank, you know, for the free shipping. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread