Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by kevindawson159, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kevindawson159

kevindawson159 Full Member

Aug 17, 2014
    How much should a ohm meter be at its highest cost?
  2. AtherisDubs

AtherisDubs Full Member

Jul 10, 2014
    United States
    The range I've seen is $10-$40. The higher quality of an ohm meter that you buy, the more accurate your reading will be.
  3. Vaslovik

Vaslovik Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    Cape Coma Florida, USA
    I think I paid $21 for mine, but of course if it were ordered by the Pentagon it would cost $55,000.
  4. keonee

keonee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 13, 2013
    Also look for a coupon from the will help cut costs. I paid $20 for mine.

Good Luck to You!!!
  5. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    I think you should be able to get a Good Digital Multi-Meter (DMM) for 20 ~ 35 Dollars.

But are you Looking for a Dedicated Ohm Meter?
  6. spider362

spider362 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    Sometime you can get them free at Harbor Freight, or at least in the $1.00 to $5.00 range with discount. Check your local newspaper (Usually Sunday) for coupons.
    Go to and do a search for voltmeter.

Yes, these are cheap meters, but the circuitry for determining resistance is fairly simple and has been around since the invention of the VOM, so they are all fairly accurate.

Be aware, though, when reading low ohms you will need to take the resistance of the test leads into account. You should first short the leads together, note the reading and write it down. When you measure the item you will need to subtract the initial reading of the leads to get the proper resistance.
  7. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    ohm meter.jpg

You can get a box ohm reader for $16 at RTD Vapor.

You can get the Omnitester for $20. It will measure both coil resistance and also the voltage of your battery.

You can get a digital multimeter from $8 to $19. This will also measure both coil resistance and your battery voltage.
  8. Bibliophile713

Bibliophile713 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2013
    SC, USA
    I paid about $20 on Mad Vapes about six months ago.
  9. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    I use an older fluke 77, reads more accurately down into the .000 range than less expensive meters.
    Also have had several of the box type ohm only and two of those box v & ohm combo readers and dozens of cheap multimeters, there is accurate then there's close enough.
    How low do you want to go and how much do you want to spend.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.