Questions about DSE 801 atomizers .. how long do they last on average & best suppliers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I'm singin' the 510 atty blues right now folks... I've bought 100's of dollars worth of substandard duds & am open to try these pen-style (DSE 801's I believe?) eCigs I've heard so much about but haven't tried... (lol) The pen-style is the ONLY ecig I haven't tried... but at this point I'm so frustrated with the 510 attys of late I'm willing to give the pen-style a go....

So, if someone could help a girl out here..... about how long do 801 attys last, (on average), how much do they cost :2c: and give me a few good suppliers...

If someone hooks me up with a good source & I find that I prefer the DSE 801 better than the Joye 510 I'll have a bunch of brand new Joye 510 starter Kits that I'd be willing to part with for 50 percent off what I paid for them!... so hook me up & let's see if I switch! :vapor:

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
The penstyle is a nice cig and was one of the first types I tried. I still use it on occasion. I found that the Be112 or Joye 302 attys are the best. I'd go with Vapor Kings....

RN, high voltage and low resistance atomizers

Grab the color atty you like and grab some 801 batts (auto or manual), a pack of carts, and a charger. If you like it, then order more parts. If not, then you won't be out too much. If you pick up the USB 801 charger, you can use it with several other type batteries like the KR808d or the 901 or 510.

I found that all the auto batts I've picked up worked better than any other model's auto batts so whichever you want, you probably won't be disappointed.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
I love the dse 801 atty. I have had my 2 standard dse 801's for 6 weeks and still vape like new. The LR 801 I ordered only lasted a week. I got mine from litecigusa.net, but you might want to try madvapes.com and order a couple with a 510 battery to 801atty adapter. This way you don't have to buy new batteries until you find out if you like the 801 or not. If you do then you can buy 801 batteries because they do last longer. You can get the joye302 atty's at litecigusa.net but they don't sell the adapters so you can keep using your 510 battery.
801 to 510 comparison:

801- Provides better flavor, much less TH, and slightly less vapor and provides a cooler vape.
510- Provides significantly less flavor and none with some of my juices that taste great on my 801, much better TH, and slightly more vapor and provides a warmer vape.

I use a 3.7v box mod and use my 801 atty's almost exclusively I will switch to my 510 atty's every once in a while and usually switch right back to the 801 attys.
Flavor is the most important thing for me so your opinion may be different.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I moved this thread to the DSE 801 Sub-forum for you. :)

:ohmy: DUH Me!!!!! Beg your pardon Warped3k & others for my inaccurate placement of the post... I've been away from ECF for a few weeks & missed this sub-forum... Thank-you for being so polite and appropriately moving my post.... much appreciated... :angel:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Nice to see you!

I've used most atty models in 17 months of vaping and find myself still using the penstyles every day 90% of the time (the 302 or RN4072 low bridge are the best IMHO). Mine seem to last a month on average (usually more). I also use AquaClear foam to mod the cartridges so they wick better and keep a drop or two on the atty each time I refill (I don't rely on the cartridge to wick and keep any model of atomizer wet).

Downside: They are leaky, especially if you stand/carry them on end (from the air hole placement inside the fitting) but you get used to it. I just keep tissues and microfiber cloth bits around to clean them up here and there. If you over fill them, you'll get liquid in your mouth from the liquid running down the cartridge air channels (I just blow down the mouth piece to clear it if it happens). A small 8ml glass squeeze bulb dropper and glass bottle for filling helps avoid that (it forces the liquid down into the foam filler rather than waiting for it to absorb). I chain vape, so love the larger cartridge size.

You can use drip tips with them, but I find the vapor and draw is better with the cartridge attached.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I got the 801 kit from Vapor Kings a few weeks back, 2 clearance batteries and also ordered a extra BE112 atomizer as someone on the boards indicated they didn't like the wicking on the regular 801's. I have to say that I don't care for the BE112 and like the 2 that came with the kit better. That being said I like the cartridge size the best of all on this model, super large capacity.

I have learned to tweak and modify my cartridges depending on the liquid and the mix vg/pg, the spring method (sorry I can't remember who originated this) works well for some of the thinner liquids, otherwise I use just the polyfill. I did order 4 extra boxes of the cartridges, they come with a soft cover for the tip and a little cup to slip it all into. I like this because I can have multiples with different flavors since I've yet to see cartos for this model.

The attys have been super and I don't really clean them unless the draw starts getting a little tight, I just blow out from the battery end and use hot water and a syringe, let them drain for a while and you're good to go.

VK prices for a kit are fair $45.95, a passthru for $12.95 and they also have a clearance on batteries for $5.45 doa only warranty (just check them when you receive them). Cartridges are $2.95 for a 5-pk. I've been switching back and forth between the kit batteries since about 8/20 and haven't had any problems. I also haven't tried any of the adaptors out there for other batteries.

I don't take mine apart at night, turn it upside down in a drinking glass, pick it up in the morning and go, I've had minimal leaking from this compared to my 4081 or 510.

Ok, enough hot air here, I'm sure there are other/better prices around here, but I just wanted the convenience of ordering everything from one spot.

Hope this helps! Vicki

Last edited:

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I've gotten 2 ohm LR801 attys from IkenVape (made by SLB) and IndyVapor (BE112). The BE112 wicks liquid more easily, but also is more prone to leaking than the SLBs. I think the SLBs produce better flavor and more vapor, and can compensate for the slower wicking with less cart stuffing easily enough... all-in-all i prefer the LR801s from IkenVape.

LR Low Resistance atomizer
Model 801 Low Resistance Atomizer

Looks like the full size 801 is out of stock at IkenVape, but the dripping only 'mini' and 'semi' sizes are in stock.
IKV LR 801 2.0
801 Mini atomizer

IndyVapor carries lots of different style 801 attys at the regular resistance level too if that's what you're looking for, including Joye302 and BE112s.
Model 801 Atomizer

Last edited:

notime4nooky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
milton freewater, oregon
i totally love my 801. i started on a 901 and hated too many things about it to list here. my 801 is a dripping machine, huge clouds of flavorful vapor and a descent battery life. the longest i have gotten out of an atomizer is about 6 weeks. i get my stuff from ecigsupply.com as they have the best prices i have found and the quality is about the same as several other suppliers i have tried out. good luck and welcome to the world of 801's

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Thanks to everyone for their input on this thread... all of the opinions & mini-reviews have been really helpful (in addition to quite resourceful, which was an unexpected plus!) and I was able to make an 'informed' and intelligent decision on an 801 system to 'try'. You're all so awesome! I'm truly indebted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread