Questions about Kabuki, Provari Mini, Coils, and chain vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tspringer34

Apr 6, 2013
Edmond OK
Hello all,

I am currently trying to get back in to vaping in order to quit smoking(has been an on again off again thing). I have an old mini which is trucking along like new after all these years. I am considering buying a Kabuki and have a few questions that I would love answered prior to pulling the trigger and making my purchase.

The coils are 1.6 / 1.8 ohm BVC nautilus mini coils correct? If so which ohm would perform the best with the Mini(believe it goes up to 6 volts)? I want decent vapor, throat hit, and reasonable flavor. At the moment my taste-buds are shot due smoking so not sure how much flavor will matter RIGHT NOW. However I would hope in a month or two I will care about flavor more and be able to enjoy the quality of my vape and juices.

I am using 6mg on a reo with a Chalice 3. It is ok but I am still smoking, feel like maybe it is not quite enough nic. Would 12 mg on a Kabuki work or would it be too harsh?

Last question; Is chain vaping an option or am I likely to experience dry hits frequently if I attempt it on a Kabuki? This is important to me at the moment, I have only avoided cigs when I have a craving by going crazy on my reo at 6mgs. I may have to run with a different atty until I get to a better point if dry hits are going to be an issue.

That's about it for my questions! Thanks for any help. Also I should mention I have read the thread about the Kabuki, there is just so much info my mind turns to mush and I forget things!

Thanks so much!,

Tyler

Reactions: MsLoud

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Welcome, and Good Luck with your pursuit of being Smoke Free.

I would first try the Kabuki with your existing juice before I up'd the nic level.

If it does not fit your vaping style, there is no question in my mind that you could sell it in the classifieds and recoup a large portion of money spent.

No discernible difference has been found between the two resistances that you mentioned.

I have found that when it is time to refill the Kabuki (about 2 mls), it's also time to change the battery on my mini also.

Hope this helps, Jim

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Tspringer, how much were/are you smoking and what strength? Some people do need a higher nic when just off the cigs. I needed 8-12 mg/ml when just starting out vaping, from a 2.5 PAD habit, and I was chain vaping. If you are still experiencing cravings with your REO, I wonder what build you are running. In my Kabuki, and my REOs the same juice for me 6mg/ml, but I have been away from the smokes for 2.5 years now. Maybe up the nic for a day or two and see how it goes for you. Best of luck to you!

Reactions: AstroTurf

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I started with 18mg nic and it got me off analogs. I quickly dropped to 12mg, stayed there a while before moving to 6mg. I'm currently using mostly 3mg. Might want to kick the nic up a notch. Chain vaping is fine. The Kabuki is a great tank for chain vaping. The mini will work great with the tank too. If you're still having problems, might look into whole alkaloid tobacco juice. It's expensive as it's a tobacco extract so it's got more of the properties of a cigarette. I look at it this way, the main goal is to stop smoking. Anything Provari and the Kabuki tank would be more than sufficient to do this.

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
I like throat hit, so vape 24-36 mg with the 1.8 ohm Nautilus coils in a Kabuki on a Classic at 3.7 volts, on average, plus or minus a few 10/ths, depending on the e-liquid. I don't chain vape, as I vape high enough nic. not to need to...

For my vaping, there is NO substitute for that fuzzy throat hit from high nic... it REALLY satisfies!

Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Now for the contrary view: I dislike throat hit, it makes me cough. I have found that 6mg using Nude Nicotine and around 95% VG and 5% DI water meets my needs without throat hit. I was around eighteen months going from 24mg to the 6mg after forty-nine years of smoking - ending at > 2ppd. Towards the end and for quite a while I smoked two cigarettes every morning before, one day, I realized that I hadn't done that for a while. I had just started unconsciously reaching for the mod.

I think Kabuki is the finest drop in atomizer going; I have a boat load of brands and models that I have used a little while, then looked for better. I use unflavored or very lightly flavored and the coils last a long time. At $2 a pop, I can afford them. It is outstanding for flavor and can take several hits one after another. (I may thin the VG a little more as it gets colder.)

I hope this is helpful.

PS: Nude Nicotine offers a 15ml sample in several strengths for testing if you are interested.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
I think Kabuki is the finest drop in atomizer going; I have a boat load of brands and models that I have used a little while, then looked for better. I use unflavored or very lightly flavored and the coils last a long time. At $2 a pop, I can afford them. It is outstanding for flavor and can take several hits one after another.
This - but I vape very high PG (90-95%) with no leaking or gurgling and use my mini with the Kabuki all the time. It seems to me the Kabuki suits all sorts of vaping styles/ juice types and I'd also try it with what % nic you have but move up if you need to. I've never really understood the need to vape the lowest nic possible (unless I suppose you want to eventually stop vaping too:shock:) - I've only ever dropped when I felt I needed to not as part of any sort of planned reduction. Started at 28mg nearly 3 years ago now at 6-9 with 0 in the evening - hoping to resist going any lower :)

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
There is NO substitute for that fuzzy throat hit from high nic... it REALLY satisfies!

Yeah, vaping for me would be pointless without it. It's why I'm pretty limited in the e-liquids I buy, as many e-liquid companies have chosen to increase profits by only offering nic as high as 12mg...

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
Hello all,

I am currently trying to get back in to vaping in order to quit smoking(has been an on again off again thing). I have an old mini which is trucking along like new after all these years. I am considering buying a Kabuki and have a few questions that I would love answered prior to pulling the trigger and making my purchase.

The coils are 1.6 / 1.8 ohm BVC nautilus mini coils correct? If so which ohm would perform the best with the Mini(believe it goes up to 6 volts)? I want decent vapor, throat hit, and reasonable flavor. At the moment my taste-buds are shot due smoking so not sure how much flavor will matter RIGHT NOW. However I would hope in a month or two I will care about flavor more and be able to enjoy the quality of my vape and juices.

I am using 6mg on a reo with a Chalice 3. It is ok but I am still smoking, feel like maybe it is not quite enough nic. Would 12 mg on a Kabuki work or would it be too harsh?

Last question; Is chain vaping an option or am I likely to experience dry hits frequently if I attempt it on a Kabuki? This is important to me at the moment, I have only avoided cigs when I have a craving by going crazy on my reo at 6mgs. I may have to run with a different atty until I get to a better point if dry hits are going to be an issue.

That's about it for my questions! Thanks for any help. Also I should mention I have read the thread about the Kabuki, there is just so much info my mind turns to mush and I forget things!

Thanks so much!,

Tyler
I see you didn't state your pg/VG ratio
More pg will produce more throat hit and wicks faster for chain vaping... I don't have a Kabuki, but I do have an aspire aero tank. It can't keep up with my chain vaping.
A lower resistance also increases the efficiency of nic.
More power= less nic/less power=more nic works out to the same experience for me.
Chain vaping 12mg at 10watts is satisfying, chain vaping 3mg at 35watts will make me nauseous and sick.
What atomizer/resistance do you currently use?

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Yeah, vaping for me would be pointless without it. It's why I'm pretty limited in the e-liquids I buy, as many e-liquid companies have chosen to increase profits by only offering nic as high as 12mg...
Been vaping smoke-free for around 18 months and still at 24mg. May need to drop to 18mg for the exact reason quoted above. Have written shops offering only 18mg and lower, and they all claim they have no reason to offer higher because no one wants it. Really?

I'm vaping for the nic and throat hit, in my mind nic is no worse than caffeine.

chrisz

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
cincinnati, oh
I see you didn't state your pg/VG ratio
More pg will produce more throat hit and wicks faster for chain vaping... I don't have a Kabuki, but I do have an aspire aero tank. It can't keep up with my chain vaping.
A lower resistance also increases the efficiency of nic.
More power= less nic/less power=more nic works out to the same experience for me.
Chain vaping 12mg at 10watts is satisfying, chain vaping 3mg at 35watts will make me nauseous and sick.
What atomizer/resistance do you currently use?
Ironically, you sound like a provari fan boy! Put your reo equipment on the provari, and tell us how you really feel! You can drip on those bottom feeders, can't you?

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Have written shops offering only 18mg and lower, and they all claim they have no reason to offer higher because no one wants it. Really?

If by nobody, they mean the 100,000 NJOY king users that go through at least 1 unit per day at 43 Mg, then sure... nobody vapes above 18 Mg. I get so tired of shops that keep calling people "nobodies" that want something that this industry was built upon.

Andy N

Nov 2, 2015
Ann Arbor
Nick content needed depends on a lot of things, sub ohm generally less nic., mouth to lung (heavy smoker) generally more. I started out using 24 MLS nic and have dropped considerably. 3 yrs using kayfun, tried the kabuki and got it working proper the night before last with some help from kabuki friends. Flavor really is amazing, can go mouth to lung or direct either or, chain vaping or not the kabuki takes about a tank 2 to 2.5 ml to get it going good (be patient and don't hit it to hard) anywhere from 8-9.5 watts for me. I'm at 6 ml nic right now and satisfied completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread