Questions about the eRoll PCC (normal and mega)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlaidStallion

Oct 29, 2015
Hi,

One of my devices is an eRoll and recently the battery has gone kaput (I think). I saw a couple posts on this forum about replacing with a 752080 (or 702080) single cell LiPo battery but I can't for the life of me find one of these anywhere, at this time. Anyone know of a place?

If I have to order another PCC I was thinking of getting the larger 3400 mah mega PCC. Does anyone have one of these that has opened it? If so, I was hoping to get the exact model number of the battery. Before buying it I would like to do some research to make sure I can find more batteries for it so that I can replace it down the line if/when it comes to that. Parts for the eRoll are getting harder and harder to find and I am trying to be as self sufficient with it as possible by stockpiling parts, learning how to fix anything that goes wrong without buying new parts.

I would have asked in these posts but I either don't have privileges to or they are locked for new replies.

Referenced posts:
[this forum]/forum/threads/battery-replacement-in-eroll-pcc-unit.661279/
[this forum]/forum/threads/new-eroll-pcc-battery.461981/

Thanks for any help.

Reactions: nicnik

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Just as an update for anyone who might be interested later, I did end up finding the battery (752080) on aliexpress.com. It wasn't displaying correctly for me before but I found some stock. Only $6.45 shipped at the time of purchase.
I'm wondering if you've swapped the batteries yet, and how it's worked out. My PCC needs a new battery. It's still charging the erolls fine if it's plugged in, but not when not.

PlaidStallion

Oct 29, 2015
In the guy who started that thread. It's still kicking, and I never changed the battery out for a smaller one - I just left the tape on it and use it at home. No issues that I know of.

Let me know if you get the correct size. Millimeters matter - I can tell you that!
Good to have the update. I linked to another thread where the guy from NL got a battery the same size (from aliexpress) and he seems to not have any issues either. The one I purchased is the same model number and dimensions as the battery that is in there so we'll see once it gets here from HK.

Reactions: Racehorse

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I have the Mega but haven't looked at the battery. I got the lid off without opening it all the way up. My problem with the Mega is that the bay I use the most doesn't charge consistently. Still a good holder.
Just saying, the ability to change the battery might not matter. I'm going to buy another one when I find one, because even 2 bays is better than one. Then I'll take this one apart and see if I can tell why it isn't charging.
Has anyone here seen a vendor with the Mega?

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Is there any evidence of juice leaking into the electronics?
In the PCC? No. They don't leak at all unless they are on a flat surface. That's why the PCC has ridges, so the liquid doesn't wick out. You would have to completely flood the battery to get liquid to the charging connector.

chefkeith

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
USA
In the PCC? No. They don't leak at all unless they are on a flat surface. That's why the PCC has ridges, so the liquid doesn't wick out. You would have to completely flood the battery to get liquid to the charging connector.

That has not been my experience. I've had mine leak around the mouthpiece and enter the inside of the charger on three of the five original PCC's that I own, all of which are the second generation models with the notches. None seemed to do any damage to the electronics, though.

Zinfandel

Feb 2, 2016
Hi.

Sine no body obviously did open up the mega pcc, I went a head and opened it up

This is the battery inside it (see attached image).

I did find a replacement battery think Will fit inside the casing.
I'll update this thread with a url/link when I get home from work later today.

Attachments

• 2016-02-03 07.54.08.png
    2016-02-03 07.54.08.png
    769.2 KB · Views: 49

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
Reactions: AstroTurf
Status