questions about using buck naked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm new to using these kind of electronic cigarettes. I recently purchased a buck naked express kit, but I what do I do when I want to switch flavors? It comes with directions for cleaning the tank, but the guy at the shop where I bought it said the tank is disposable and that he just recommended vaping it dry and using a similar tobacco flavor. He also said that I should buy a reusable tank because I will have to replace mine in a month. He said the cheaper parts that they sell are interchangeable with it, but I am hesitant to use anything beside something made by the manufacturer. It also seems like the button you press when you inhale gets stuck a lot:( Thanks in advance. Oh, and he also said if I clean it with water like it says to, I will never get the water out. I am so confused as to what to do, and I don't want to mess anything up.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Hi staregirl00 ...

Sounds like the guy actually gave you some good advice. I would also suggest getting a different tank with replaceable coils, they are DEF cheaper in the long run. You shouldn't need to worry about sticking to the same "brand", unless the buck naked is proprietary (I don't know anything about that brand myself). In fact, some of the best stuff out there is made by other brands.

If the button is sticking, then I would take it back and try to exchange it for another one. Buttons should NEVER stick. I would also advise picking up a second one as a backup (if you can afford it). As a general rule, you should always have at least 1 spare of everything, so that when something goes wrong, and it inevitably will, you are covered.

As always, YMMV!

HTH

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Okay, just went and looked at the buck naked web site. What they are selling is a highly overpriced eGo battery and CE4 tank (can be had online for like $12 if you look hard enough. I suggest using what you have for now (unless you can return it), and doing some research to find a better setup. Regardless, the battery will take almost any 510 or eGo tanks on the market. Definitely try to return the battery and if you can't, at least exchange it for a properly working one.

Oh, and buy another tank MUCH sooner than a month, I would be surprised if the one you bought lasts more than 2 weeks.

I would stay completely away from the tanks they are selling, they are overpriced junk, and you can do much better for a lot less money. For just a little less than double their crappy $11 tank, you can get a Protank 2 Mini (Cost is around $12, about the same size as theirs) and a box of spare coils (Cost is about $5, 5 in a box). That would be the same as buying 6 or 7 of their tanks (cost $66-$77).

Sorry, not trying to talk bad about what you have, just annoyed that companies like this take advantage of people and get away with it.

There is a ton of information in these forums, and a lot of good folks willing to offer help and advice.

HTH

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
It appears to be a standard 650 mah ego type battery with an ego/510 connection.
There are many delivery devices / toppers / what you fill with liquid and screw on the battery that will work.

You do not have to buy 'buck naked system' parts.
The 'tank' is actually a ce4 clearomizer, sold almost anywhere for around $4.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I also started with the Buck Naked Express kit.

It's garbage. Poor vapor, the battery on mine died after less than a month, and the tank that comes with it was horrible, it gurgled constantly and always tasted burned.

The only thing that didn't go bad with that kit was the case - I use it for small parts like 0 rings now.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
you can clean with water....just let air dry and then you can attach the tank to the battery and do a few "dry" burns to help dry any more water out.
But as stated there are plenty of places online to buy cheaper and better tank systems and even batteries.

It is a shame that local shops are only in it for the money and over charge and misinform people to make sales....

New Vapor Information And Starter Kits
Vaping is such a personal experience, so obviously everyone's perfect kit will be different and we will need more info about you and your needs. This post is more aimed to those that are ready to move away from cig-a-likes and into the vaping world.

I have gone through the past year of lurking in this forum and what I have learned and tried to piece together to my best a good starter kit for cheap.
====
It is all overwhelming at first but it starts getting easier and it starts making more sense.
====
I'm still new myself but best advice I can give is: keep in mind vaping is all personal preference and there is no bad choices...what you decide is what you will be living with and using ;)
feel free to ask question, no question is stupid, just mis/under informed.

Some things to keep in mind:
Try to stick to pv's (personal vapors) that have both the 510 and ego connections this way you have all kinds of options when it comes to juice delivery systems.

Variable Voltage (vv) = everyones taste is different so you can set your voltage up or down to help suit your needs as well as different juices and different juice delivery systems (cartomizers, tanks, ect) taste different at different voltages. (how many times can I say different)

Variable Wattage (vw) I haven't tried yet but assuming it is the same principle as stated above for vv.

Passthrough battery to be able to vape while charging.

the higher the mAh the longer the battery life

do you prefer a warm vape (top coil) or a cool vape (bottom coil)? top coil vs bottom coil tanks, to each their own...but go with glass or metal so that there's no worries about tank cracking juices.
Size Does Matter
For those out there with the "size problem" :laugh:
Here is something to give a good judgement
1456667_10151989395695970_921291825_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tcat

Dec 9, 2013
Digital Nomad
The price of entry you paid was cheap ;) I paid almost $50
for a Buck Naked to my door.

However, the 3 weeks it lasted was cheaper than analog smokes. :)

I really liked the KangerTech Evod as a step above that POS I started with.

I've got 4 of them around and just got my

iTaste MVP kit today. I'll keep the Evod units for on the go
and back up. The iTaste MVP wasn't as hard to setup as
I thought.

I'm still a newb however as I do research for a living,
I'm catching up fast.

The biggest challenge I found was all the abbreviations
used in general chat...

I got my iTaste MVP kit on a deal as the new V2
has been released. Hint: I studied it, and it
has some major downsides it picked up in
it's improvements.

I got the not V2 kit with extra wicks
for the same price as the Buck Naked
I was burned on from a well thought of
supplier in FL.

The battery cannot be replaced and
if I don't abuse it
(most iPhone deaths come from a dip in the tank supported by a tile floor)
it should be good for a year.

HTH
Tcat

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
Thanks so much for the help:)

You are welcome! Sadly, it looks like Buck Naked is a truly inferior battery and tank setup. There are 2 or 3 other posts today alone about problems with their stuff. I do hope you can afford to buy a better setup and that you can make this kit work until you get it.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread