Questions and Observations, P3, P3 Nautilus, Kayfun V4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netsyphen

Dec 22, 2010
Yongsan, Korea
I've been vaping for about five years, after 15 years of analogs. I started with the generic cigarette style cartridge based ones. Then I moved on to a Blu a few days later. Then I started doing research and moved on to Volcano devices and their juices exclusively until Christmas of this year. I did a ton of research, a lot of it here on this forum, and opened my Provari P3 and a P3 nautilus on Christmas, along with a slew of ECBlend's 5ml juices.

The difference is insane. The flavor, the consistency in hit, the vapor production and 'feel' of the premium device. It has opened my eyes and I have a feeling this is about to become a consuming hobby rather than just a smoking replacement. Since I want to start my tenure here with something helpful along with my questions, i'll begin with a short review of the P3 with the P3 nautilus.

Provari P3 - Matte Black

Fit & Finish - 10/10
The finish is flawless, perfectly smooth, very fingerprint resistant. The screen is almost perfectly flush and the button is like magic. Compared to every other device i've used, the button is just amazing, no false clicks, no missed fires, just perfect.

Operation - 9/10
The menu system is great, though it takes a bit to get acquainted with. The button as I already mentioned works flawlessly. The only reason it is a 9/10 and not a 10/10 is the fact that I would have liked to see a toggle option to switch between a time based scroll and a click based scroll rather than the current mixed implementations.

Vape Quality - 10/10
From the first hit to the dead battery notification, it seems like the hit is identical. The boost feature is very underrated, I saw suprisingly little about it when researching and I think it is one of the most stand out features of the device. No more chain puffing to get to the good hit, set the boost and the coil is perfect, I just had to get into the habit of keeping the button held during the hit rather than on/off as I drew.

P3 Nautilus

Fit & Finish - 9/10
The tank looks great, everything fits nearly perfectly. I don't like however that the very top section of metal is separated rather than a single piece as the slight gap tends to grab small fibers, etc. that get stuck and have to be fiddled out.

Operation - 8/10
8 out of 10 times, it works great, good hit, clean flavor, great air flow. However, it has a tendency to flood if everything isn't perfect. I consistently have to specifically change the way I hold the device, or burn it upside down to stave off a big flood into the coil. But for a simple carry device, it works better than any other tank i've used.
Note: The P3 connect is awesome, feels amazingly solid and looks like it is built into the P3.

Vape Quality - 10/10
When it works perfectly, the vape is amazing. Great vapor production and clean flavors.

Now for the questions. I just ordered a Kayfun V4 Fasttech Clone with the authentic parts kit for the V4 so that I have the original spring and seals. I've never attempted anything even close to this advanced, if it didn't just plug in and vape I didn't use it.

• What kind of quality can I expect with the Fasttech V4 with the authentic replacement parts installed?
  • Will it be on par with the Provari's quality, or will I need to get an authentic Kayfun eventually?
  • Is the provari enough device for the Kayfun? I've read about the 30-50-100+ watt devices being needed for the rebuildables to be awesome.
  • How low can I go with the Provari+Kayfun on the ohms? I have great batteries, so the amps aren't an issue.

Reactions: coldgin96

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Now for the questions. I just ordered a Kayfun V4 Fasttech Clone with the authentic parts kit for the V4 so that I have the original spring and seals. I've never attempted anything even close to this advanced..
[/LIST]

You have a lot more experience than I, so take my opinions and advice with a grain of salt. I don't know about the quality of the V4 clone, but I have an authentic.

Seeing the parts and pieces, then learning how to adjust the air flow and open/close the juice control is a steeper learning curve than wicking and building it. It's very difficult to not get a good vape from any wick job, one reason I absolutely love it, flooding is almost non existent, and I have never had a dry hit. You can chain vape the entire tank. I don't know about the atty your using, but airflow is also very good along with vapor production. You certainly don't need more power than a P3 to get a terrific vape, I use 1.3-1.5 ohm builds at 12 watts and nice flavor and plumes are no prob. I think others will chime in here as it seems many P3 owners are using a V4.

Just my opinion, but if would say the Kayfun lite, v2, etc is more of an advanced atty when it comes to getting a good build. It's harder for me, and it is def more sensitive to wicks. Some prefer it to the V4, and in a way it is still the yardstick by which any atty is measured.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
Congrats on your P3. I couldn't agree more with your review of the device, especially the Boost.

Regarding the Nautlis with P3 connector, I have had a number of these tanks with 510 and now P3, I have never experienced flooding. Is it possible you may be overfilling? It sounds like you may be getting juice in the center piece when filling? I usually clean that out before filling, and am very careful not to get juice in there when I do fill it.

I cannot answer regarding the v4 clone, but I do have the original also with the P3 connector. It vapes like a champ. Definitely post in the RBA section, plent of good posts regarding the original and clones.

Netsyphen

Dec 22, 2010
Yongsan, Korea
Congrats on your P3. I couldn't agree more with your review of the device, especially the Boost.

Regarding the Nautlis with P3 connector, I have had a number of these tanks with 510 and now P3, I have never experienced flooding. Is it possible you may be overfilling? It sounds like you may be getting juice in the center piece when filling? I usually clean that out before filling, and am very careful not to get juice in there when I do fill it.

I cannot answer regarding the v4 clone, but I do have the original also with the P3 connector. It vapes like a champ. Definitely post in the RBA section, plent of good posts regarding the original and clones.

No, I've been filling it a good amount below the center post, keeping the center post clear, closing the air chamber when sealing, etc. Not sure what is going on with it. I've been able to mitigate the flooding by just burning it upside down for a couple seconds when it first starts, then it seems to be good for another couple of hours.

Never had flooding on my original nautilus, but I noticed there were quite a bit of changes to the design between the 510 and P3, it may just be an issue of finding the right watt/airflow combo to make sure the vacuum stays right.

Elmasryahmed

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2014
Dubai, uae
However, it has a tendency to flood if everything isn't perfect. I consistently have to specifically change the way I hold the device, or burn it upside down to stave off a big flood into the coil.

The Flooding problem is probably caused due to the use of a tide airflow selection ( the smallest 2 air holes), whenever the tank is flooded, just set the airflow to the largest airflow selection and take a couple of draws and the flooding will disappear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
The cage on the P3 Nautilus is much better than the 510 Nautilus. The P3 collects much less gunk. And the airflow control ring is better made, too. None of my Nautilus' leak. Nor do I see a difference between how the 2 versions vape. The 510 is on the left, and the P3 is on the right (they are both on ProVari P3s).

nautilus.jpg

BijinesuNinja

Dec 13, 2014
Austin
Vaping on a P3 with an authentic Kayfun 4 / P3 connector right now (just put the connector on tonight). I also have the P3 Nautilus and a Tobecco Kayfun 4 clone. I've had flooding issues a couple of times with the nautilus but not near as much as I did with the Kanger Aerotank Mega - I have a bigger issue with some of the coils burning out too easily.

In regards to the Tobecco Kayfun 4 clone it is pretty damn spot on when compared to the authentic. Definitely not the same high grade surgical steel but it feels solid. It's definitely not 100% on par (have had some slight gurgling issues and not the same perfect draw) but it's far closer than I would have expected and the price is right.

IMO nothing is better than a P3 with a Kayfun 4 if your not into the cloud chasing thing.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Seriously?

Heading to the Mothership...

*not much time passes..

Well! If it isn't right there at the bottom of the page...!

Excellent.

My question is, does it come with the standard base as well as the P3 base?

Or is the standard base available from ProVape separately?

Eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread