Questions????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
If you have juice on the outside of the tank, there may be a leak. It's unlikely, though, due to the construction of the tanks--unless there is visible damage to the tube or the grommets.

Is the sound actually gurgling, or is it more like hissing? Are you getting decent vapour production and can you taste the juice? What ohms are the two cartos you're using?

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Getting juice in the connector through the bottom of the carto is just a fact of life. Some do better than others, but that's why the connectors are sealed now (if your 510 connector has a hole through the center of it, don't use a tank on it).

The gurgling noise means there is juice in the center tube where the air flows. Sometimes I get the gurgle and sometimes I don't (it's not the tank, it's the carto). If you are getting good vapor production, then the carto is not flooded. If the gurgling bothers you then you might try punching fewer (or smaller) holes in the next carto you use, if you are planning to punch your own. If you've already bought some pre-punched cartos and they are the same as you are using now, you could try assembling the tank with the bottom grommet a little higher on the carto so that the hole(s) are partially blocked. Or you might just try a different brand and/or ohm rating...

If your vapor production drops off noticeably, that indicates that your carto is flooded. If that happens you can roll up a bit of napkin or paper towel and insert into the open end of the carto against the filler to soak up some of the excess juice.

I hope that helped a little and didn't just make things more confusing :)

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
I haven't read through this thread yet, but just in case, I'd like to ask if Mom & Pop's could start carrying these cartos:
Smok Tech 1.7 ohm RN4081 Cartomizers
And these batteries:
Protected Trustfire 14500 Battery, 900 mAh

*I was told by trusted online friend that these are both great for my mod, so would like to order these items from you, instead of having to go to another site to get them each month. Thanks for any help. I understand it may take more requests to add something to your line, but hopefully putting it out there may generate some others interest?! ;)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
we have them
genuine-trustfire-23-6v-900mah-14500-protected-rechargeable-li-ion-battery_0.jpg

see:p

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
* I bought some Banana vape over a month ago, on strong suggestions of some other members (Another forum and another vendor)
Just too sweet for me-I traded them straightaway....along with some other 'candied vapes' They were so very sweet I could smell them almost through the packaging.
Now, after saying that, I just filled my first carto about 3 hours ago, with the 'Strawberry Cheescake' Pops and Scuba were kind enough (smart enough?) to send me as a sample....
Let me just say this. The smell did not knock me over as I approached the bottle, that was the first really great sign...
AND, my dear, sweet husband actually tried it, and says he loves it as much as his beloved cinnamon!
I cannot believe this! I have spent well over 75.00 to 100.00 bucks to find him some other flavor he'd vape besides cinnamon, and it was sent to me for free!
I also tried it, and I love it! Very, very tasty. Not too sweet, just right. I dare say I will be trying some other 'Bakery style' flavors at the next order, and KUDOS to you Scuba, for striking that perfect balance between taste and sweetness. :)
I swore I'd never try another Bakery flavor, until I tried the Strawberry Cheesecake!
Anyone who shares my taste issues, dive right into these. They are absolutely delicious!
AND...I will be trying your Banana Fosters :)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Oh thats funny we need to do samples more i do random now. I'm not sure for other folks but i share the same opinion with both the strawberry and blueberry cheescake not to mention the apple pie and blue-ridge mist. I have vaped them for days on end ( each ) they are all refreshing and frankly could be my all day vapes if i was not so spoiled:p Oh the foster is wonderful her and her Friend Shawna spent some time on that one its also very good IMO:)

Last edited:

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
I'll be very, very honest with you...between the flavors I've had the pleasure of trying from you and Scuba, I am not going to be buying any from any other vendors. And that's honest. Oops, except for his cinnamon. If you two had a cinnamon vape, I'd never have to venture out, lol. -and I'm being as serious as a heart attack-the nicquids are just that darn good. ;)
I'll really be in trouble if you guys ever decide to quit mixing!!! :ohmy:
edit: Of course, there is my bestest friend, dear, sweet Pchela :hubba:

edit edit: Pop, I really love the colors and the message in your new avatar-sweet ;)

Last edited:

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Question about the sub-tank...

It looks like it's not designed for flanged cartos, with the rubber simply holding tight to any regular carto it's wrapped around, but I can't tell for sure, and nobody's commented on that in any reviews. Can someone confirm whether this is true? Thanks.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
You could use flanged cartos with it if you wanted to slide the bottom delrin piece over the whole body of the carto to the bottom each time, which would kind of be a PITA. See pbusardo's video on YouTube of the Mini Sub tank and you'll see his little experiment, it takes over 4lbs of force to get the carto to come out of this tank - ergo, you don't need a flanged carto :)

CthulhuSaves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Kansas
www.Call-of-Cthulhu.com
Appreciate the response, but I'm still a little confused. I'm not asking if it's possible to use flanged cartos, I'm asking if the bottom of the tank is cut for them, like every other tank I've seen. I've watched Phil's review of them a couple of times, but he never really touches on that aspect, or shows any close-ups of the bottom. I'm guessing it's not cut, which would be kinda unique, but if not, that makes me wonder why nobody's pointed that difference out (non-flanged cartos are cheaper, which would be a selling point, one would assume).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread