Quick Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishingTiff

Aug 3, 2015
Been vaping for about 6 years now. Kind of an on again off again thing. But never went back to cigs. Anyways....just wanted to say hi y'all. Need to get my 5 posts because I have lots of Temp Control questions. I really want to get this "right" with all this new equipment coming out. Since I smoke longer than most vapers have been alive lol...I feel it is important to know what I am doing.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome to the board. The easy way to get your 5 is troll New Members and post a hello in the other intro threads. The server updates at 25 past the hour, so you have about 40 mins to get them in or wait another hour :) And feel free to ask your TC questions here. A lot of members read this board to help the n00bs, me included. I have two TC machines, a Snow Wolf and a SX Mini M. What do you want to know?

FishingTiff

Aug 3, 2015
My questions are basically nickel safety vs. titanium safety. I was having a bit of a lI've affair with the Herakles tan using the Ni200 coils and the beast using the aspire nickel......but I got the velocity rda and a friend built it for me. I have to say.. I really am enjoying it.

I am not in the least worried about it catching fire. But I am just kind of second guessing myself. I mean... I have used Kanthal for years. I have built with it and used premade coils.
So now I am wondering if all this new stuff isn't an "it ain't broke why fix it" scenario.

I have 3 evic vt (s) btw.

Guess I am looking for someone to say...yes absolutely titanium and Ni200 ......

Guess I am looking for reassurance.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @FishingTiff and welcome aboard!

Some say they can taste the nickel wire and therefore use the titanium. Others are concerned with nickel fumes, but I'm sure things don't get hot enough for that concern in a TC mod.

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't concern myself with the wire much. It doesn't get hot enough to vaporize it. Even if you burn a coil in two, it's only a tiny section of wire that actually goes before the circuit is broken. I kinda doubt a few micrograms is going to hurt me much. Certainly not as much as the two packs a day I used to smoke.

FishingTiff

Aug 3, 2015
I get it. I just want the best case scenario I suppose.
Even though I think AP and DP aren't much of a threat. I still ONLY vape ND formulas. Don't get me wrong. I will take a few yokes of the new lines that I see in my local B&M , but yea...meh...paranoid I suppose. Want peace of mind.
(Does anyone ever really get peace of mind in life? If so....SHARE the secret!)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Yokes?! Really phone.....

TOKES

lol ... I do stuff like that all the time :)

(Does anyone ever really get peace of mind in life? If so....SHARE the secret!)

I've met lots of folks who claim they have peace of mind but I suppose it's debatable if they actually do....... I know I never do but then I am half neurotic and anxiety ridden.

Reactions: FishingTiff
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread