Quick lookie at the Anyvape FuryTank 2 - more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
I'm currently on vacation from my teaching job in Xianning, Hubei, China and have come to ShenZhen the vapers Mecca for a visit and to write a few pieces for Spinfuel.

Had an interesting visit to Anyvape today - Bill Tan is a very Enthusiastic guy, with some great ideas, who luckily speaks very good English.

I'd been trying to contact him for over a week, and eventually managed to get hold of him on the phone, and arrange today's 'interview'. I wasn't invited to tour the factory itself, as he said, he's been a trusted Aspire reseller for years and still isn't shown around - fair play.

As my timing was particularly fortuitous, Bill happened to have a couple of the new FuryTank 2's 'lying around', which he then gave to me to try :banana:
I was hoping i'd be able to buy one once there, so a very happy vaper :D

I received the original FT as part of Anyvape's FB give-away - which i posted here and on YT - the original head (with the 'scissor head' design) lasted me just over 6 weeks - strangely until the day after posting about how good it still was :cry:

The FuryTank 2 so far seems to do what it claims on the box:

20160126_1810521_zpsdgshoban.jpg

I opened the Black FT2 - as i thought it would look good on the reuleaux RX200 - which it does ;)

20160126_165051_zpsy4cdf1bc.jpg

20160126_164344_zpsmtdf6u8i.jpg

Any Gappage on the pics between the Reuleaux and the FT2 are purely down to me trying to get the logo lined up for effect - the FT2 screws down flat ;)

The Drip Tip is part of the 'Unique Twist Lock' top fill system - which means you can't use your favourite DT - so just as well i actually like this one then. Nice wide bore, nice and smooth curves and black anodised metal (possibly SS?). Didn't bring a measuring device, but if the manufacturer says 5ml - it rarely is - so possibly 4-5ml usable capacity. Very easy to fill - as it says on the box - to be on the safe side, close the AF, easy twist the DT and pull, and squeeze the juice in one of the 2 side slits; fill and twist the DT back on, open AF and vape :D I did do a test with the AF fully open and didn't notice a drop.

The AF is 4 slits, and, at least to begin with, is slightly stiff - not too bad as it means that it will stay where you set it, and if it does loosen up with use, then it shouldn't spin too freely. The AF is quite light fully open, so good for Lung hits,, and yet still OK for Mouth hits when closed down to under a third.

The Installed Clapton coil head - just Rocks! I haven't really begun to put it through its paces - reads 0.36Ohms on the Reuleaux and i had to stop at 70W's because of extreme nic hit and some very 'miffed' Chinese soldiers, who weren't impressed by the sudden wall of fog being exhaled in their general direction. I'm currently staying at a mainly Chinese dormitory style hostel. It's cheap, actually quite nice, but the Owner, doesn't speak English, and although a smoker, doesn't seem to trust a device that can cloud up a room so swiftly, as being 'safer than smoking' - so severely limited in me vaping :?: So experimentation, since i've been 'home' has been limited to quick press, hold and try not to exhale! LoL

So far gotta say i'm impressed - with the tank, the Top fill system, flavour and VP - will have a proper play over the next few days before doing a proper write up and/or possible video :D

Last edited:

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Just got my fury tank 2 today. Beautiful tank. Machining is excellent Threw a vaporesso cCell ceramic coil in there filled it up easy peasy not a drop of leakage the chimney system works like a dream. Thing is vaping great. I'll report back after I've spent a few days with it but so far I'm impressed [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
Any cons with this? Is the bottom hard to open to change the coil? One of my major problems with the Horizon Arctic tank is that it's bottom fill and hard to grip, you have to put it in the freezer quite often to get the metal to cool and contract so it can open.

Anything like that with the Furytank 2? It really does look awesome. Which coils would you use for the best wicking at higher wattages, seeing as it takes Anyvape, Vaporesso, Aspire, and Eleaf coils (and probably Atlantis fitting gClapton and Project Subohm coils too)?

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Any cons with this? Is the bottom hard to open to change the coil? One of my major problems with the Horizon Arctic tank is that it's bottom fill and hard to grip, you have to put it in the freezer quite often to get the metal to cool and contract so it can open.

Anything like that with the Furytank 2? It really does look awesome. Which coils would you use for the best wicking at higher wattages, seeing as it takes Anyvape, Vaporesso, Aspire, and Eleaf coils (and probably Atlantis fitting gClapton and Project Subohm coils too)?
Bottom is very easy to get off thanks to the heavy duty knurling. Coils are a snap to change. I prefer the vaporesso coils. Currently using the .9 kanthal but I has some .5 SS on the way. These tanks are awesome. Definitely the best top fill I've seen and the 5ml capacity is perfect.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
I thought when my new tanks arrived that I would probably sell off these but they are just too good to get rid of. I have been enjoying the vaporesso ceramic coils in these. Flavor is spot on. But I have ordered some triton SS coils to try as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: salemgold
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread