Quick noobie question please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzeng

Dec 8, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Hi, I was ordered a new kanger top tank mini, because my old kanger subtank broke, I was wondering if the new 0.5 ssocc coils will even run on my eleaf istick 30w? " $8.31 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK SSOCC Coil Head (5-Pack) - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping "I was also looking into grabbing a new tc mod since the eleaf is so old. Is the evic 75w tc and 60w the same? I heard you can just upgrade the firmware to get 75w on the 60w Saw fasttech having a 15% off everything so I thought why not grab a new mod

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
would the 150w cuboid be a more viable option then? I dont know if it has a upgradeable firmware or not
More viable? It has two batteries and does 150w. You can decide if that makes sense for you. I gave up on buying one as people said you couldn't double the battery life. Like I said, for some folk being able to update the firmware is a deal breaker.
PS. The topfill tank is awesome. Almost worth ordering glass and tube tank kits for all the old subtanks. You could actually build you own subtanks with bases and tubes and save money! :)

Reactions: lzeng

lzeng

Dec 8, 2014
Vancouver, BC
More viable? It has two batteries and does 150w. You can decide if that makes sense for you. I gave up on buying one as people said you couldn't double the battery life. Like I said, for some folk being able to update the firmware is a deal breaker.
PS. The topfill tank is awesome. Almost worth ordering glass and tube tank kits for all the old subtanks. You could actually build you own subtanks with bases and tubes and save money! :)
does the cuboid have fireware upgrades? I rather not brick my devices and make it last as long as possible, and also would it be able to run just one battery instead of both? and any other suggestion of what mods to get? I dont need anything too fancy honestly, around the same price and is reliable and isnt that big would be nice

Last edited:

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
The Evic VTC mini would be a perfectly fine option for you from the sound of it. Also check out the iStick Pico & the Cuboid mini (a smaller version of the regular Cuboid with a build in battery) while you're at it.

I wouldn't worry about bricking them when upgrading your firmware too much, but if does worry you then just don't upgrade. You don't have to use the latest firmware if you don't want to.

Good luck!

edit: I almost forgot; the 60W VTC is just old stock. Originally it came out as a 60W device but they upgraded it to 75W soon after. And yes, you can just update the 60W version to 75 yourself by upgrading the firmware.

The price difference is probably explained simply by the fact that one shop charges more then others.

Last edited:
Reactions: djsvapour

lzeng

Dec 8, 2014
Vancouver, BC
The Evic VTC mini would be a perfectly fine option for you from the sound of it. Also check out the iStick Pico & the Cuboid mini (a smaller version of the regular Cuboid with a build in battery) while you're at it.

I wouldn't worry about bricking them when upgrading your firmware too much, but if does worry you then just don't upgrade. You don't have to use the latest firmware if you don't want to.

Good luck!

edit: I almost forgot; the 60W VTC is just old stock. Originally it came out as a 60W device but they upgraded it to 75W soon after. And yes, you can just update the 60W version to 75 yourself by upgrading the firmware.

The price difference is probably explained simply by the fact that one shop charges more then others.
thanks I think im going to go with the istick pico its the perfect size for me and my old eleaf was really reliable

Reactions: OhTheAgony

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales

Good luck!

Good points made. :)

The price difference was actually on fasttech. Anyway, the Pico seems a good choice. I'm ordering one if they are in stock.

I must add that there are no 'brick' issues to the best of my knowledge on the latest mods and was wrong perhaps to mention it. :)

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
do you have it yourself? I did some more research it said the pico burns the cotton a lot more? any problems on it so far?

Not yet, but I'm thinking about getting one too.

Mods don't burn cotton, people do :p

But if you are referring to possible problems with the tank & coils that come with the Pico if you order the kit then I'm afraid I wouldn't know. Ìt is not something I'm interested in thus not something I've looked in to, sorry.

My advice was just about the mods alone, I don't use tanks that require me to buy pre-made coils ;)

lzeng

Dec 8, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Not yet, but I'm thinking about getting one too.

Mods don't burn cotton, people do :p

But if you are referring to possible problems with the tank & coils that come with the Pico if you order the kit then I'm afraid I wouldn't know. Ìt is not something I'm interested in thus not something I've looked in to, sorry.

My advice was just about the mods alone, I don't use tanks that require me to buy pre-made coils ;)
I ordered the kanger top tank for the mod with the pico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread