Quick question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CardsFan502

Jun 25, 2016
Louisville, KY
So I'm in the process of finally tinkering with this avocado (the 22 version not the 24) and I'm wondering if at 1.72 ohms (single coil), 5.07 volts, what would be a appropriate wattage? I have Sony vtc4 batteries and using 26g kanthal. I like a slightly warm vape but not to hot, haven't even been above 30 watts on any of my devices yet, I'm slowly working my way up lol Any advice would be great, I'm just trying to be safe an cautious and if you haven't noticed I'm quite new to building lol

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If you are asking what watts you are vaping at at 1.72ohms and 5.07v it is 14.94w.
You can use the following calculator --> Ohm's law

Vtc4 should be okay for 20amp, you are only pulling 2.95A on your build.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/image-jpeg.568837/

Hope thats the help you needed :)
In a single battery mod 15w will draw from 3.6 (fully charged) to 4.7 amps (battery at 3.2v). 4-5.2 amps when accounting for chip inefficiency.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Voltage/Resistance=Amps
Amps*Voltage=watt
Watt=joules/second

That way, you don't need no stinking app or website.. just 25 cents and a thrift store for an old solar powered calculator and you are good to go...
When it comes to vw mods the following applies though:

Watts / battery cutoff voltage = amps

Ideally you should add at least 10% to the watts to account for chip inefficiency. And in both parallel and series setups the amp draw is divided between all batteries.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
When it comes to vw mods the following applies though:

Watts / battery cutoff voltage = amps

Ideally you should add at least 10% to the watts to account for chip inefficiency. And in both parallel and series setups the amp draw is divided between all batteries.

I didn't realize that regulated mods can be either in series or parallel, and i get even more confused! i always thought that regulated were series and that mechs can be one or the other :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I didn't realize that regulated mods can be either in series or parallel, and i get even more confused! i always thought that regulated were series and that mechs can be one or the other :)
The iStick tc100w, for example, is a parallel setup. It'll boost the voltage if more than 4.2v (or whatever the battery voltage is at) is needed. The Cuboid is a series setup. The combined voltage of the batteries means that boosting normally isn't needed and the mod will only buck to take down the voltage to the required level.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread