Quick questions about temperature control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihrmaniac97

Jul 9, 2017
Hi, I just have a couple quick questions about TC. Do you prefer TC over wattage? What’s a good temperature for Nichrome 80 for a cool vape? Can I use different settings for different types of coil material? (such as using the stainless steel setting for nichrome and such for different effects on the coils?) Didn’t educate myself on TC yet, but I recently got into building coils and I love it so far. I have the captain pd270, alien, and an eleaf istick power. I understand apparently the captain doesn’t have very good TC.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
TC mode, you should stay with the temp mode that supports the heat efficiency of your particular wire. Don't run nickle in any other than nickle supported mode, for example, otherwise you may get some funky readings, hence ruining the whole idea of TC, my understanding is you don't want your wire to heat more than is advisable, so that you don't get undesirable temps/offgassing in your tank. It might be a good idea to check out the TC section of the board to get a sense of what you can/cannot do. My understanding is that SS is considered the safest material for running TC...

I like both TC and wattage, for different reasons. :)

Good luck!

Anna

Reactions: Walee

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Maybe posting and reading here might help you get up to speed on TC. It's useful, but if you are using it incorrectly things can work out not so well... Temperature Control

Good luck, and welcome to ECF. This is why I stick with stainless steel, it's easiest and safest, is my understanding...

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread