Quick-Reference Shopping Guide @ Fasttesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipurava

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
India
I think you need to make a change in the post which I didn't notice first time I looked at. The Panasonic CGR18650CH is the best battery for the VV/VW mods. This is a hybrid battery with safer chemistry capable of high drain. Is is routinely recommended by those of us who are experienced vapers for variable wattage and variable voltage vaping. It can also be used for other mods.

Some people are using the Panasonic NCR18650PD with mods.

It really pays not to skimp or take risks with batteries. This is something that if it goes wrong can literally blow your face apart.
The most recommended batteries are AW IMR. Also good are EFEST IMR, and the Panasonic CGR18650CH.

did you go through this post?

you are absolutely right CGRCH has safer chemistry than NCRPD,but fact is that NCRPD are also high drain battery.
if you take care of the battery like using a good charger to charge and use it in a vv/vw mod which has all the protections short circuit,low voltage,reverse battery ect you will have 3-4 hours move vape time than CGRCH.
if you abuse it then it would be big catastrophic event.IMO the best safe place for NCRPD is when you are using in a vv/vw:D the only danger is how you handle them out side the mod matters

orbtronic,efest,chgch all of them contain same panasonic cells but assembled by different companys

Sigvr411

Jun 20, 2013
Los Angeles
I think you need to make a change in the post which I didn't notice first time I looked at. The Panasonic CGR18650CH is the best battery for the VV/VW mods. This is a hybrid battery with safer chemistry capable of high drain. Is is routinely recommended by those of us who are experienced vapers for variable wattage and variable voltage vaping. It can also be used for other mods.

Some people are using the Panasonic NCR18650PD with mods.

It really pays not to skimp or take risks with batteries. This is something that if it goes wrong can literally blow your face apart.
The most recommended batteries are AW IMR. Also good are EFEST IMR, and the Panasonic CGR18650CH.

I have to agree with @kiwivap on the PD batteries. After further research and other member chiming in, NCRB unprotected batteries shouldn't be used. These are ICR batteries and not IMR batteries. And I also misquoted their max discharge current. It's only rated to 6.8A constant.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
did you go through this post?

you are absolutely right CGRCH has safer chemistry than NCRPD,but fact is that NCRPD are also high drain battery.
if you take care of the battery like using a good charger to charge and use it in a vv/vw mod which has all the protections short circuit,low voltage,reverse battery ect you will have 3-4 hours move vape time than CGRCH.
if you abuse it then it would be big catastrophic event.IMO the best safe place for NCRPD is when you are using in a vv/vw:D the only danger is how you handle them out side the mod matters

orbtronic,efest,chgch all of them contain same panasonic cells but assembled by different companys

Yes, I've seen that post before. I've also been reading up on these batteries for a long time.
What I was saying in my previous post here is that the Panasonic CGR18650CH is good for vv/vw mods. You had it only for mechanical mods in the list - its actually good for vv/vw - that's what it is quite commonly used for.
You have said this:
Panasonic CGR18650CH best battery for mechanical mods down to 0.7 ohm coil
I'm not sure why you've split them off like that as only for mechanical mods - they are one of the best batteries for vv/vw mods actually - but can be used with mechanicals as well. This important because people need to know that the Panasonic CGR18650CH batteries are good for the vv/vw mods - that's what they are commonly used for.

Here's what I'm saying - for vv/vw mods or mechanicals - Panasonic CGR18650CH are good.
Some people are using Panasonic NCR18650PD also. If the Fasttech NCR18650PD are the same internally as these they are a safer hybrid:
http://www.orbtronic.com/batteries-...li-ion-battery-button-top-panasonic-orbtronic

I wouldn't recommend the Panasonic NCR18650B. They are unprotected Li-ions. ICRs. And I don't see the need for them anyway when there are better alternatives available.

Overall its a great list but I don't feel comfortable with the battery section and I think the battery part needs change.

I do recommend people have a look through the ECF guide to Rechargeable Batteries:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/129569-rechargeable-batteries.html

Rechargeable batteries

We now advise that Li-Mn or top-quality Li-FePo4 rechargeables are used in APVs, in preference to rechargeable Li-ions. We suggest the best option, in order, is:

1. AW IMR Li-Mn rechargeables.
2. AW Li-FePo4 rechargeables [Li-FePo4's MUST HAVE A SPECIAL CHARGER]. Note that these batteries are mostly 3 volt nominal so the system voltage will be lower than normal.
3. Good quality (such as AW or Pila) protected Li-ion rechargeables.
4. Branded protected Li-ions come next - such as xxxfire Li-ion rechargeables (for xxx insert Trust / Sure / Ultra-).
5. The least-preferable option is a generic protected Li-ion.
6. Unprotected rechargeable Li-ion cells should not be used.
7. Standard cells (non-rechargeable) should not be used.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have to agree with @kiwivap on the PD batteries. After further research and other member chiming in, NCRB unprotected batteries shouldn't be used. These are ICR batteries and not IMR batteries. And I also misquoted their max discharge current. It's only rated to 6.8A constant.

Yes - I wouldn't use the Panasonic NCR18650B. Its an unprotected ICR. People look at the mah, but the mah isn't the indicator of a high discharge rate.

Last edited:

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
Some updates,

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004860/1395710-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-15ml

Junk,the airhole sits too far above the coils and the threading on the air control ring is very sloppy.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/14...ectronic-cigarette-atomizer-with-extra-coil-h

Vapes fine but the insulating grommet on the 510 may need adjusting so it wont block airflow and the positive post moves about a bit(may cause a short),seems all chrome plated,though the juice is only touching ceramic.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/14...ml-detachable-dripping-electronic-cigarette-a

Vapes fine but and Im sure some of it is stainless,the deck is plated and the body seems to be anodised aluminium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread