Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
THIS was invented as an e-cig, sure...
View attachment 237937
But I think it's fair to at least suggest that the industry has progressed to the point where there's value in shifting the name - to separate vaping from smoking. There's a battle to NOT treat vaping as smoking - because with smoking, comes prohibition. Basically - can't do it near a building, tax it to death, etc.
Hopefully, at least we'll still be able to vape in our own horseless carriages.
(see what I did there?)

So with devices like these, most folks agree we can call it a "PV" or an APV, or something other than an e-cigarette.
Doesn't look like a cigarette...
View attachment 237941
View attachment 237942

Tepid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Somewhere
I call them PV's and APV's

When people ask about it, I do initially refer to it as
"This is my Personal Vaporizer, or, what you might know as an eCig, but it's actually my Personal Vaporizer."

I try to point out to them, this is not anything like a cigarette. It holds no relation whatsoever to a traditional cigarette, other than
it contains nicotine and flavoring and looks like smoke, but is actually water vapor. It is not a cigarette.

There actually is a difference, even though the others look like a cigarette, they are not. ECig is a misnomer, and does have negative connotations.

But it's too bad that the stigma has caught on with a lot of people. We need to reeducate them as much as possible.

So, yeah, we need to refer to all of them as something different and not as an Electronic Cigarette.

The problem is, this is a World Wide thing. There is no way to conquer that, other than one person at a time as often as possible.

It's an uphill battle the size of which, putting a man on the Planet Pluto might be easier. (Yes, Pluto is a Planet, dammit)

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Click
1-Smile_zpsb1191747.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread