ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
i call it my PV, or the name of it, MVP vamo or kts

my friends call it my s*x toy that does not vibrate lol

my 3 year old calls it an e-cig lol

Love your user name! Smeghead here too.

For me, eeets my steeeek. Kinda like Jose Jalapeno. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

quiter

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
hanging around
I prefer it remains an e-cig. I don't want kids thinking they should pick them up and think they are safe. None of us know if they are really safe, just safer. and like it or not nicotine is an addictive drug. I honestly don't want to see kids thinking they are a cool thing to pick up and try. People should be reminded that they are a drug delivery device akin to cigarettes.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
From another thread

"Our devices are actually called a P.E.N.I.S

Personal
Enhanced
Nicotine
Inhalation
System"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

If it comes to this, I for one would have to put all my gadgets and gizmo's on the classifieds and quit.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I prefer it remains an e-cig. I don't want kids thinking they should pick them up and think they are safe. None of us know if they are really safe, just safer. and like it or not nicotine is an addictive drug. I honestly don't want to see kids thinking they are a cool thing to pick up and try. People should be reminded that they are a drug delivery device akin to cigarettes.
Even if we call them spinach the kids will try them. It's too late already. That Njoy commercial makes vaping look sexy :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Even if we call them spinach the kids will try them. It's too late already. That Njoy commercial makes vaping look sexy :D

If you want sexy check out the new Blu spot with Jenny McCarthy. I've tried.and hated them, yet was still tempted to run out and buy a kit ;-)

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Just call it what it is, an e cig and please stop all of the hyperbole of naming it something ridiculous that no one will recognize and some will avoid simply because you are trying to be oh so PC. It is an alternative to smoking, nothing more and nothing less, thus e cig is appropriate and works very well in the world outside the hobbyists and others that dominate this forum. It is what it is.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just call it what it is, an e cig and please stop all of the hyperbole of naming it something ridiculous that no one will recognize and some will avoid simply because you are trying to be oh so PC. It is an alternative to smoking, nothing more and nothing less, thus e cig is appropriate and works very well in the world outside the hobbyists and others that dominate this forum. It is what it is.

Just don't call it "Citizen" or "Brown bag" if you live in Seattle.

Well, e-cig is not even vaguely accurate once you go mech, at least not in the "electronic" sense, nothing "electronic" about a full mech, it's simply "electric" about as simple as DC gets, 19th century tech except for the specific wicking systems and and types of batteries. It's obviously not a cigarette. So yeah, it's exactly the same only totally different LOL. Vape covers all of them.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
Personally, I'm going to keep calling them e-cigs. I live in the San Francisco Bay area, and there are many people using similar devices for alternate uses (vaporizing illegal/medicinal non-nicotine substances). Occasionally I run across someone who knows that a "PV" is a personal nicotine vaporizer, but I have absolutely come to believe that we are best off with the association that we have quit smoking those nasty cigarettes with electronic cigarettes. At least until the general public becomes more accustomed to them. I cannot even tell you how many times people have just given my husband and I weird looks when we are vaping on our respective 1300 Spinner w/ a T3 and Provari w/ a Protank. They definitely think we are brazenly using drugs right there in public. When we are using something smaller, people come up and ask, "Hey, are those e-cigarettes? How are they working for you? I/my husband/friend/co-worker/etc, has been thinking about trying them." I am always more than happy to answer questions, give out cards and advice. As much as I would like to see the general public get comfortable with bigger and better PVs, and the term PV itself, I really think at this point in our struggle, we need to give them a term they can understand. Even if it is associated with something as negative as cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread