Quit Calling Them E-Cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Corona, California, United States
I prefer it remains an e-cig. I don't want kids thinking they should pick them up and think they are safe. None of us know if they are really safe, just safer. and like it or not nicotine is an addictive drug. I honestly don't want to see kids thinking they are a cool thing to pick up and try. People should be reminded that they are a drug delivery device akin to cigarettes.

Agreed!! I'm not out campaigning to change peoples minds. Because it won't happen... But we must think of the chillens.

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
I prefer it remains an e-cig. I don't want kids thinking they should pick them up and think they are safe. None of us know if they are really safe, just safer. and like it or not nicotine is an addictive drug. I honestly don't want to see kids thinking they are a cool thing to pick up and try. People should be reminded that they are a drug delivery device akin to cigarettes.
While you make a good point, calling all vaporizers "e-cigs" even high-end mechs and regulated devices is like calling a Ferrari a "car". At first they were "e-cigs" they were slim electronic devices that looked like cigarettes. Now, however, the majority look nothing like a cigarette, they aren't just an "e-cig" they are mechanical/regulated vaporizers.

Last edited:

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
If I buy a $5 cigar, is it still a cigar when matched against a $100 cigar? Yes, so who cares what kind of device you use? It is an e cig no matter what. "a rose by any other name"

Technically they are the same type of thing. But a gas station cig-a-like is not the same as a ProVari. Devices such as this and other high-end devices are more than just an electronic version of a cigarette and they should be treated as such.

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Yeah: unless it's a cig a like then often they ain't cigarettes.... at all:

Like for example

Tobacco smoked in leaves is a cigar
Smoked in a wood or metal tube with a bowl at the end is a pipe
blocked word it seems: but those type of cigarettes that have a drug legal in Amsterdam get called 'spliffs or joint'

In conclusion none of them are called 'cigs' or 'cigarettes' because they aren't

A cigarette is a small paper tube with tobacco leaves rolled up in them: what does a none cig a like PV have in common with that? nothing what so ever.

I think we should call them Personal Vaporizers or PVs for short

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Yeah: unless it's a cig a like then often they ain't cigarettes.... at all:

Like for example

Tobacco smoked in leaves is a cigar
Smoked in a wood or metal tube with a bowl at the end is a pipe
blocked word it seems: but those type of cigarettes that have a drug legal in Amsterdam get called 'spliffs or joint'

In conclusion none of them are called 'cigs' or 'cigarettes' because they aren't

A cigarette is a small paper tube with tobacco leaves rolled up in them: what does a none cig a like PV have in common with that? nothing what so ever.

I think we should call them Personal Vaporizers or PVs for short
Exactly, when vaping started it was an attempt at an electronic version of smoking. Vaping has evolved since then and this should be recognized.

Jcdew67

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Nashville,TN
I always use the term PV,mine does not resemble a real cigarette. Now,if I had one that looks like one and has a end that lights up then it is a ecig,imo of course.

If I poured my mouthwash into a Beer can would it require me to be 21 to drink it since it has alcohol and thus being in a Beer can?
If I have a blank gun,which mimics a real gun do I need to be 18 and require a background check to obtain it?
Of course not,dam I hate the ignorant vape haters.

Sorry I had a outburst there lol

Last edited:

Jcdew67

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Nashville,TN
When I vape anywhere smoking is prohibited I hold in my vapor until nothing will be seen when I exhale. You can tell me not to vape all you want but no visual of vapor/smoke then I might as well be sucking on a pen as far as someone is concerned.

Since I have always done this and my PV doesn't mimic a real cig noone has ever said anything to me and I have been vaping for 4 years.

Slobalt7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Murika
...., my manager asked me if there was any way to use it for allergies or like an asthma inhaler. He has never smoked in his life (62 years old) and seemed to have a very positive outlook on Vapes. BTW, whenever anyone asks me about it I say,"Oh, yeah, this is my vape. Think of it as an ecig but with no harmful chemicals and spitting out water vapor instead of smoke." I smoke 0 nic most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread