Quit Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacawax

Verified Member
Sep 19, 2015
Hey I'm someone trying to quit smoking. I've been a 2 year smoker, and I find it really hard to quit smoking. I've been introduced to vaping, which my device is on the way. I've read many articles stating that vaping is very efficient in helping people quit smoking. The reason why I'm quitting is due to the money that I've spent on cigarettes and how much it has been affecting my health. Are there any tips you guys have that can be shared which would help me in my journey of quitting

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Be patient with yourself....As you vape, you will find yourself wanting to smoke less and less. For me, it only took 6 days and I was a 45 year smoker. Some people take longer. Find the device you like best and experiment with flavors until you find one that satisfies you. My health improved tremendously with vaping. Enjoy the journey and don't be afraid to ask questions!!! Best of luck to you...:)

Reactions: smkfree

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hey I'm someone trying to quit smoking. I've been a 2 year smoker, and I find it really hard to quit smoking. I've been introduced to vaping, which my device is on the way. I've read many articles stating that vaping is very efficient in helping people quit smoking. The reason why I'm quitting is due to the money that I've spent on cigarettes and how much it has been affecting my health. Are there any tips you guys have that can be shared which would help me in my journey of quitting
Some people go to zero cigs the day they start vaping. Since you've only smoked for 2 years you may be a good candidate for that. I took 6 weeks to make the switch and used the time to get used to vaping. What was exciting was the day I started my daily cigs went from 25 to 5 with almost no effort. I also know several people who were dual users for 6 months and are finally going to zero cigs very recently. Be patient, don't stop vaping.

The economic incentive is a powerful one. Cigarettes cost me $3,000 a year here in Michigan. I just started mixing liquid at home (DIY). That is going to cost me $45 a year, 2.25 cents per ml, 84 cents a week. Just three cigarettes were costing more than 84 cents. If I repurchased everything I actually use for vaping I could get it all for about $250 and not have to spend another dime for several years. For practical purposes vaping can be free once you know what you are doing. In the short run the goall is to quit smoking so don't be afraid to spend for that.

Reactions: Katmar

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I see vaping simply as a technological progress to inhale nicotine with an endless range of flavor and overall control of the ingredients. It's always challenging for some to embrace new technologies. With time and experience we eventually understand the benefits. Choose the juice with the nicotine levels that are appropriate for you. I choose 24mg/ml to start, which was a bit high for me, and as soon as I had a cig craving I was pulling my gear for a few puff. Especially in the morning. From 20 to 2 to 1 to 1/2 in a day, I did not feel the need of smoking in less than a week. It's not a medical device, vaping is simply more enjoyable and better in every ways.

pfaber11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
england
What equipment are you waiting for? I use a defender 36w with an Arctic tank and a 0.5 ohm coil with 8mg juice and it is awesome. I've gone through some ecigs in the last six years and my advice would be to start with something that will blow the cigarettes out of the water like the one I described above.my advice go sub ohm right from the start on a nice safe regulated device. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread