Status
Not open for further replies.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
So I've been free of analogs since Nov. 1st. Best thing I have ever done for myself. Probably the only negative thing about this entire ordeal are the zits that I have now.

Since 1 or 2 weeks free, I've been plagued with zits. Until I quit, I've rarely had more than 1 zit at a time, and never more than 2 at a time, even through puberty. I've been blessed, but now I'm really aggravated... I've had zits for almost 2 whole months now. Solely on my forehead. I've resorted to acne treatments which are slow, but seem to be working to some degree.

Soo.. my question.. Any other folks getting this long-lasting acne? Did it eventually go away on its own? Did you use other methods to clear it up?

Thanks for your responses!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Doesn't have to do with vaping, has to do with the quitting analogs -- it's your body pushing all those toxins out any way it knows how, including through the pores in your skin. I read about them and figured I'd never get them because I've always had super-clear skin, but man, they were really bad (20 or more maybe?) until I started using acne treatment.

I had a staph infection in late Nov. so I was worried there was still some lingering infection, but the acne cream is working it's magic. Down to maybe 5.

n2xe

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Owego, NY
Doesn't have to do with vaping, has to do with the quitting analogs -- it's your body pushing all those toxins out any way it knows how, including through the pores in your skin. I read about them and figured I'd never get them because I've always had super-clear skin, but man, they were really bad (20 or more maybe?) until I started using acne treatment.

I had a staph infection in late Nov. so I was worried there was still some lingering infection, but the acne cream is working it's magic. Down to maybe 5.

A few zits vs coughing up a lung from 30 years of smoking... I would be happy with the zits...

ScotTex

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Houston, Texas
Congrats, I quit cigarettes on the first of November as well. My skin gets really oily at times and vaping is the only thing I can think is the cause. I have only had one 'zit' since quitting analogs it was on my cheek where I have had them before, it's a strange, painful, reoccurring zit, but I haven't had an outbreak of them.

I have had them pretty bad since I quit analogs and started vaping. I have tried everything but I guess I'll have to resort to acne treatment next. These aren't like regular zits either, they linger and are painful! I started vaping 2 and a half months ago and they started within a week of quitting the analogs and are still going strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread