quit zits? did you get them? how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
Never had zits, even during puberty. Got em the first few months of my quitting..maybe 1-2 months. Keeping your skin clear and as oil free as possible is probably the best way to avoid em. Tough luck for me, Italians tend towards oily skin. ;)

Ain't that the truth! Mine are just now starting to really clear up after 4 months of serious breakouts. I'm still getting them but not nearly as bad.

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal - The place to be!
Man, I started vaping on Oct. 5, 2010. After two weeks, zits started to appear around my lips! It's so gross. I am still having problems, I scrub around my lips real good daily, first with a clean wash rag, with soap and water, then I put some hand sanitizer on the dry end of the wash rag and scrub with that. I've been doing that treatment for the couple weeks and still having problems. I don't want my wife kissing me when I have them... it's so embarrassing and disgusting. I'm seeing my doctor on the 23rd to see if anything can be done. Uhg.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I literally haven't had a break from these zits since I quit smoking. I've never had more than two on my face at a time, even through puberty, until now. It's only mildly irritating.. they just wont go away. I had a pretty bad staph infection in my nose about 3 weeks after I quit smoking, and I'm wondering if that would explain it... a lingering infection that's invaded my skin. Hard to tell without seeing a doctor, and I'm not seeing a doc over zits as I have no health insurance.

The acne treatment I've been using (5% Benzoyl Peroxide) has definitely helped -- I don't think I've had (many, if any) new zits forming, and I've cut back on it a bit because my skin gets dry very quickly. I've had super dry, sensitive skin my whole life.

As far as the juice I'm using, I stick mainly with 50/50 pg/vg or 60/40. I've had different juices and used different levels since I started vaping, with little real difference that I could tell.

So I don't know if these are just the 3+ month quit zits and my body is STILL detoxing, or what. I'm sorry so many of you are battling these as well - it sucks! But at least I know I'm not the ONLY one battling them. That's a small comfort I suppose.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I wanted to follow up on this... As of mid-February I was dealing with the quit zits (4 months vaping and smoke free).

As of mid-March, my skin was back to normal.

Also around this time I moved from a very high-stress living situation, constantly using acne treatments and showering in water where you could smell the chlorine (Gotta love Cali). Once I moved to a stable living situation, stopped using harsh acne treatments, and went back to water that my skin is used to, I cleared up IMMEDIATELY.

There is hope.. :)

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
Hubby has MAJOR QUITZITS. All over his chest, back and now, his face. We have been vaping just over 2 months. I think I coughed all (or most) of my toxins up. He NEVER coughed, even when I was at 1 ppd and he was at 2 ppd. It's coming out now. I feel so bad for him. Any suggestions as to how to speed up this process? He feels miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread