"Quitters flu"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayb1985

Jan 19, 2017
Hi All,

New to this forum and just wanted some quick advice.

I am 31 years old and was smoking 10-15 cigarettes a day for just over 10 years. 5 weeks ago I quit and started vaping. I currently use PG 3mg, so pretty low.

Even though I workout regularly anyway and keep active, I felt great once I had quit and noticed circulation improved even after a couple weeks along with increased energy.

However the past few days I have felt terrible. Started with a hoarse throat and had to keep swallowing (but not sore, just bloody annoying) - similar to the feeling you get when you are close to coming down with the flu or cold. Then I had a constant headache along with aches in my shoulder and wrist and a dry, bunged up feeling at the back of my throat/nose and I just look pale and ill! It feels like I have a cold but don't if that makes sense? It isn't my usual type of cold or flu that I am used to getting.

I heard this could be related to quitting smoking known as "quitters flu". Does this sound like it?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I heard this could be related to quitting smoking known as "quitters flu". Does this sound like it?

It could be? But after 5 Weeks, I would say you are just getting a Cold/Flu. Drink a Lot of Water and Stay Warm.

BTW - Way to Go on Quitting Smoking!

Btw2 - Welcome to the ECF.

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Hi All,

New to this forum and just wanted some quick advice.

I am 31 years old and was smoking 10-15 cigarettes a day for just over 10 years. 5 weeks ago I quit and started vaping. I currently use PG 3mg, so pretty low.

Even though I workout regularly anyway and keep active, I felt great once I had quit and noticed circulation improved even after a couple weeks along with increased energy.

However the past few days I have felt terrible. Started with a hoarse throat and had to keep swallowing (but not sore, just bloody annoying) - similar to the feeling you get when you are close to coming down with the flu or cold. Then I had a constant headache along with aches in my shoulder and wrist and a dry, bunged up feeling at the back of my throat/nose and I just look pale and ill! It feels like I have a cold but don't if that makes sense? It isn't my usual type of cold or flu that I am used to getting.

As nocigsnomore said in the above comment it may be the pg you are reacting to, or as zoiDman said it could be early cold/flu.

Might try a juice with more vg to see if it helps like a 30pg/70vg.

Welcome to ecf .

Reactions: nocigsnomore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread