R.I.P Gioacchino (Jack) Giampapa

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by Ratman, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Ratman

Ratman Ultra Member Verified Member

I posted this in the lounge but not everyone frequents that thread. It is with a very heart that I must let you all know that our dear Jack passed away last weekend. I received the following email from his daughter.

Mr. Ratman,

I am very sorry to tell you that my dad (Jack) passed away on Saturday June 1. He went dancing, like usual on Friday night, and passed away from a heart attack when he got home that night. I talked to him at 9:30 Friday night about the kids rugby games the next day and he was happy and felt good.

Please pass this news onto anyone else that you feel should know.

Thank you,

Gioa Majewski

Rest in peace Jack, you were larger than life my friend and I am gonna miss the hell out of you.

2. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member

Supporting member
    Much mojo to his family :(

3. boilednuts

boilednuts Vaping Master Verified Member

Folks, a great man has left the building.......

4. super_X_drifter

super_X_drifter OG Micro Coiler Verified Member

Supporting member
    Wow. Cant believe that i just read that. This is a major loss to all of us. I barely knew Jack but what a presence and wealth of knowledge he shared with us. I will miss him greatly.

5. Ratman

Ratman Ultra Member Verified Member

I have thanked her for letting us know and will try to find out info on services and such for any who may be able to attend or wish to send flowers or the like. I will of course share that information here when I receive it.

6. davelog

davelog Vaping Master Verified Member
    1. REOnaut Social Group

The ECF software won't let me do this proper, so an explanation to get me over the 10 character limit: A moment of silent respect on a forum is represented with a single period.

7. TheGreekTitan

TheGreekTitan Full Member

May God have mercy on your soul.

8. redeyedancer

redeyedancer Forum Supplier

Jack will be missed a rare man for sure . The guy could make you laugh and laugh . I still laugh when I think of him stealing lead from wall mart parking lot for reloading . If you seen the video you would no what I am talking about .
    Thanks for posting Rob

9. debb

debb ECF Guru Verified Member

RIP, JACK..
    Sending prayers to the family.

10. JC Okie

JC Okie Proud REOnaut Verified Member

Supporting member
    So sad. I'm so glad I had a chance to meet him at the Oklahoma vapemeet we had.

11. sashwa

sashwa ECF Guru Verified Member

A moment of silence

RIP, Jack!

12. Commie

Commie Ultra Member Verified Member

I'll miss Jack :(

His wonderfully inappropriate sense of humor, his helpfullness... I feel that I owe him for helping turn me to Reos last November, and for helping me stay away from smoking.

Ratman, please forward this thread to Jack's family sometime, along with my thoughts and best wishes.

13. inkdog

inkdog Senior Member Verified Member

Wow, so sad to read this. Much love to his friends and family. He will definitely be missed

Who now will call us all flatlanders...

14. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member

Jack, you gave us but a small part of your life.

I feel very honored to have been able to sit on this side of the screen and accept you as part of my family.

I will miss you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member

Supporting member
    so sad :(
    I will miss his funny posts. I'm so glad he went to the meet you guys had.
    my thoughts are with his family

16. karmakatie

karmakatie Ultra Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    My prayers are with his family. Jack will surely be missed!

17. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member

I'm sad to learn he has passed, but I sit here celebrating him and the way he chose to live his life to the fullest and I'm grateful that he shared part of that life with us here.

Thank you, Jack! You did life the right way. Mission accomplished, end of watch, and we'll miss ya!

18. CATastrophe

CATastrophe Ultra Member

I'm so sorry to learn this. :(
    I loved reading his posts! His recap of the recent Reo-meet was awesome and so entertaining.
    He'll be missed here, for sure.

Edited to add: Thanks, Ratman for posting this here. I'm one of those who doesn't always check the lounge. I would have missed this.

19. Bob57

Bob57 Super Member Verified Member

love you Sir
    I'll Cherish The Magic

R.I.P.

20. classwife

classwife Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Mgr
    Staff Member Admin Verified Member

Supporting member
    So very sad