R&R Manufacturing Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giz's Mom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Pennyslvania
Yippeee Got mine ordered. I was afraid I was going to miss the first batch cause I knew I wouldn't be home when they went on sale but I got home in time to get one. When are you shipping? I know, I know, patience but I am leaving on Tuesday and won't be home for a week so hoping it might get here before I leave. Usually priority from CA to here in PA 2 days :) Oh well hoping. If not will have a great surprise when I get home.

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
Yippeee Got mine ordered. I was afraid I was going to miss the first batch cause I knew I wouldn't be home when they went on sale but I got home in time to get one. When are you shipping? I know, I know, patience but I am leaving on Tuesday and won't be home for a week so hoping it might get here before I leave. Usually priority from CA to here in PA 2 days :) Oh well hoping. If not will have a great surprise when I get home.

Thank you for the order Giz's Mom, all orders placed today will ship tomorrow morning (saturday).

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
UPDATE:

901s will be available by custom order only (contact me at ryan@rnrmanufacturing.com for more details.

510 mods will come with a custom 510-to-901 adapter that will ensure proper fitment and optimal feed performance on our bottom feed mods. However, our shipment of adapters (we expect them today, but we have no guarantees) has not gotten here, so we are out of stock, but will mail them out to customers who have already purchased our product and to customers that make purchases today. All orders placed after next week Wednesday 06/09/2010 will ship with the adapter. Sorry for the inconvenience.

With most of the formalities complete, we will being to start taking and fulling orders for our first products (yet to be named, see below). But before we do, I thought it would be a good time to do a formal introduction about us.

R&R Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business primarily consisting of myself (Ryan) and my father (Ron). Like many of you, we started out as your typical e-cigarette user, tying to find a better alternative to traditional smoking. We started out with starter kits and we were officially hooked and were able to stop smoking traditional cigarettes 3 days after taking up vaping. After a few weeks, we noticed some of the inconveniences associated with e-cigarettes, while I was able to adapt the best I could (tried every cart filler mod out there, finally settling on dripping and ordering mods to compensate for the very short battery life and longevity with kit batteries), my father was not so forgiving and went back to smoking.

Determined to get my father back on the vape train, I set off on a mission to find a mod that would provide the least inconveniences and something that he would consider a true replacement to smoking. While many of the mods we tried were well built and usable (to him), there was one issue that remained open, carts.... Dripping was just not something he could stomach and carts with mods did not perform consistently enough, eventually they all had short comings.

So we decided to make our own. We had some design requirements that we wanted to make sure was implemented properly into our mod. Here is a short list of what we thought our mod would have to address:

1. Large battery
2. No dripping, no carts, no cartos
3. Easy to use
4. Comfortable to use and carry
5. Modular to ensure things could be replaced if needed

While my father is certainly knowledgeable in many different areas, woodworking is one that he has worked extensively in. He has done, rough carpentry, finish carpentry and furniture making in his life. So wood seemed like the best medium for us, in addition to having the knowledge, he also has the tools needed to make a quality enclosure out of wood.

After quite a few prototypes we finally had something that worked well and met our design goals. And ever since then, I am happy to say, he is back on the vape train and has not smoked since. Knowing how critical and picky my father and I can be with this sort of thing, I thought if we liked it, others would too, so we started to offer our product to beta testers to put it though its paces.

And that brings us to where we are now. We have finished all of our testing, addressed issues that were brought to our attention and now have a product that we feel will satisfy even the most critical vaper. We feel that our product will help address many of the shortcomings with traditional e-cigs and mods.

While we have not named it yet, we will be having a contest to name it shortly, the person that suggests the winning name, will receive a free box mod from us. The contest will be posted once the details have been ironed out, but it will be done on Smokie's syndicateradio ElixirLiquid show. Please stay tuned for details.

Here is an introduction to our product.

• Kaji Box Mod (name will change once the contest is complete)

• Handcrafted 3.7v and 6v wooden box mod (PROTECTED 18650 for 3.7v and 2 PROTECTED rcr123a 3.0v for 6v)
  • Bottom Feeding Juice System (Feeds the atomizer from a 3ml bottle inside the enclosure via a feed button on the cover. No more dripping, carts or cartos, provides the benefits of dripping without the inconveniences)
  • Currently the Smallest Wooden Enclosure Bottom Feeding System
  • 5 amp momentary switch
  • 6 amp master on/off
  • Polyurethane Clear Coat
  • 510 or 901 atomizer connections
  • Box will come with two 3ml bottles (1 service bottle, 1 carry bottle) and a Custom 510-to-901 adapter
  • Hand engraved serial numbers (inside main body and inside of the cover)

• Batteries, chargers and atomizers are not included

Because each box is handmade, we will NOT be offering these in volume in order to ensure our quality standards are met, we will post products available for sale on our website(http://rnrmanufacturing.com), every friday evening at 5pm PST (starting next friday 6/11/2010. Once they are sold out, we will update the site again the following week with new stock. We are able to take custom orders and will do so on a limited basis. Please contact me at ryan@rnrmanufacturing.com for more details. Price is $150 + shipping and tax (when applicable) for standard models, custom orders will be priced accordingly.

Coming this Friday 6/4/2010 we will be offering 5 of our 510 [Yellowheart Main/Padauk Ends]models at a discounted introductory price of $135 + shipping (and taxes when applicable). We will have them up on the website on Friday at 5pm PST.

125116851.trcJ0m3R.jpg

[Yellowheart Main - Padauk Ends]
125116862.UYS4hSsW.jpg

[Brazillian Cherry Main - Brazillian Cherry Ends]
125116886.f1Wznlmy.jpg

[Brazillian Cherry Main - Yellowheart Ends]
125116903.Q1ujL3B7.jpg

[Brazillian Cherry Main - Padauk Ends]
125116905.19yKCgWb.jpg

[Internal]
124846525.HHoi3cgt.jpg

125116875.SsDvMGjP.jpg

[Battery+Bottle]
125116861.A5ZNAUrs.jpg

[Assembled 510 Atomizer Connector]
125116836.um1mfrRU.jpg

Thanks and regards,
-Ryan

R&R Manufacturing
rnrmanufacturing.com

Here is the LINK to my video REVIEW, click on it

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-review-view-statute-liberty.html#post1452752

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
UPDATE:

901s will be available by custom order only (contact me at ryan@rnrmanufacturing.com for more details.

510 Mods will come with a custom 510-to-901 adapter that will ensure proper fitment and optimal feed performance on our bottom feed mods. However, our shipment of adapters (we expect them today, but we have no guarantees) has not gotten here, so we are out of stock, but will mail them out to customers who have already purchased our product and to customers that make purchases today. All orders placed after next week Wednesday 06/09/2010 will ship with the adapter. Sorry for the inconvenience.

With most of the formalities complete, we will being to start taking and fulling orders for our first products (yet to be named, see below). But before we do, I thought it would be a good time to do a formal introduction about us.

R&R Manufacturing is a family owned and operated business primarily consisting of myself (Ryan) and my father (Ron). Like many of you, we started out as your typical e-cigarette user, tying to find a better alternative to traditional smoking. We started out with starter kits and we were officially hooked and were able to stop smoking traditional cigarettes 3 days after taking up vaping. After a few weeks, we noticed some of the inconveniences associated with e-cigarettes, while I was able to adapt the best I could (tried every cart filler mod out there, finally settling on dripping and ordering mods to compensate for the very short battery life and longevity with kit batteries), my father was not so forgiving and went back to smoking.

Determined to get my father back on the vape train, I set off on a mission to find a mod that would provide the least inconveniences and something that he would consider a true replacement to smoking. While many of the mods we tried were well built and usable (to him), there was one issue that remained open, carts.... Dripping was just not something he could stomach and carts with mods did not perform consistently enough, eventually they all had short comings.

So we decided to make our own. We had some design requirements that we wanted to make sure was implemented properly into our mod. Here is a short list of what we thought our mod would have to address:

1. Large battery
2. No dripping, no carts, no cartos
3. Easy to use
4. Comfortable to use and carry
5. Modular to ensure things could be replaced if needed

While my father is certainly knowledgeable in many different areas, woodworking is one that he has worked extensively in. He has done, rough carpentry, finish carpentry and furniture making in his life. So wood seemed like the best medium for us, in addition to having the knowledge, he also has the tools needed to make a quality enclosure out of wood.

After quite a few prototypes we finally had something that worked well and met our design goals. And ever since then, I am happy to say, he is back on the vape train and has not smoked since. Knowing how critical and picky my father and I can be with this sort of thing, I thought if we liked it, others would too, so we started to offer our product to beta testers to put it though its paces.

And that brings us to where we are now. We have finished all of our testing, addressed issues that were brought to our attention and now have a product that we feel will satisfy even the most critical vaper. We feel that our product will help address many of the shortcomings with traditional e-cigs and mods.

While we have not named it yet, we will be having a contest to name it shortly, the person that suggests the winning name, will receive a free box mod from us. The contest will be posted once the details have been ironed out, but it will be done on Smokie's syndicateradio ElixirLiquid show. Please stay tuned for details.

Here is an introduction to our product.

• Kaji Box Mod (name will change once the contest is complete)

• Handcrafted 3.7v and 6v wooden box mod (PROTECTED 18650 for 3.7v and 2 PROTECTED rcr123a 3.0v for 6v)
  • Bottom Feeding Juice System (Feeds the atomizer from a 3ml bottle inside the enclosure via a feed button on the cover. No more dripping, carts or cartos, provides the benefits of dripping without the inconveniences)
  • Currently the Smallest Wooden Enclosure Bottom Feeding System
  • 5 amp momentary switch
  • 6 amp master on/off
  • Polyurethane Clear Coat
  • 510 or 901 atomizer connections
  • Box will come with two 3ml bottles (1 service bottle, 1 carry bottle) and a Custom 510-to-901 adapter
  • Hand engraved serial numbers (inside main body and inside of the cover)

• Batteries, chargers and atomizers are not included

Because each box is handmade, we will NOT be offering these in volume in order to ensure our quality standards are met, we will post products available for sale on our website(http://rnrmanufacturing.com), every friday evening at 5pm PST (starting next friday 6/11/2010. Once they are sold out, we will update the site again the following week with new stock. We are able to take custom orders and will do so on a limited basis. Please contact me at ryan@rnrmanufacturing.com for more details. Price is $150 + shipping and tax (when applicable) for standard models, custom orders will be priced accordingly.

Coming this Friday 6/4/2010 we will be offering 5 of our 510 [Yellowheart Main/Padauk Ends]models at a discounted introductory price of $135 + shipping (and taxes when applicable). We will have them up on the website on Friday at 5pm PST.

125116851.trcJ0m3R.jpg

[Yellowheart Main - Padauk Ends]
125116862.UYS4hSsW.jpg

[Brazillian Cherry Main - Brazillian Cherry Ends]
125116886.f1Wznlmy.jpg

[Brazillian Cherry Main - Yellowheart Ends]
125116903.Q1ujL3B7.jpg

[Brazillian Cherry Main - Padauk Ends]
125116905.19yKCgWb.jpg

[Internal]
124846525.HHoi3cgt.jpg

125116875.SsDvMGjP.jpg

[Battery+Bottle]
125116861.A5ZNAUrs.jpg

[Assembled 510 Atomizer Connector]
125116836.um1mfrRU.jpg

Thanks and regards,
-Ryan

R&R Manufacturing
rnrmanufacturing.com

YouTube - Name the Kaji Unnamed Mod Box CONTEST

One Mod Box will be given away to the person who Kaji picks to use their creative name for his Mod Box Welcome to R&R Manufacturing - Handcrafted Battery Box Mods

Here are the rules:

1. One entire per person ONLY
2. Subscribe to me Smokie at, YouTube - step07726's Channel
3. In the comment section, create the name for the Mod box
4. On Saturday June 19,2010 tune into the ECigs, and Vaping with smokie show at 11 PM eastern time to see if you won one???????????????Mod Box
at http://www.syndicateradio.tv/elixirtv
5. Will also PM the winner on You Tube

Last edited:

kaji

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
CA
We have gotten a few questions regarding the notice we have up on our website listing atomizers that have been identified not to work on our products.

We believe in disclosing as much information as possible about compatibility of our product with components and want to ensure everyone has as much information as possible when considering our mod. It was brought to our attention by one of our testers (yesterday) that his H2O VX atomizers would not fit on our product due to the center pin hole on the atomizer being to small.

Our product is a bottom feed system that utilizes this hole to feed liquid into the atomizer. If it is smaller than ~1/16", it may not fit the feed tube. We have no control over this as every atomizer manufacture has its own design and manufacturing process and there is very limited standardization between them.

While we have tested many different atomizers from different manufacturers, along with our beta testers and current customers, this seems to be more the exception than the rule as most atomizers have a sufficient size hole (LR, Standard and HV) that work great on our product.

If it becomes more of an issue in the future we will address it.

Please let me know if you have any questions concerns or comments, you can also PM me or reach me via email at ryan@rnrmanufacturing.com.

Thank you.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
So is worth you buying me a 10 ml bottle of juice from one of my suppliers if I do this video?, ha speak up double dare!

Under $20 - sure! Subject to:
vape in the women's bathroom in the Penthouse Executive Club! :)

You might NEED that $20 just to get in - IF YOU CAN!!
:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

C-ya on ElixirTV show!!! :thumb: You've already chatted with me there. :lol:

Don't worry - I AM good for it aaaaannnndddd, I'll even up it to 30 ml if the ONLY shirt you wear is a wife-beater (Like Alex's)! :headbang:

Last edited:

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Under $20 - sure! Subject to:

You might NEED that $20 just to get in - IF YOU CAN!!
:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:[/QUOTE
It might not be that exact club but I will find a women's only club and sneak into the women's room to cape. If that is OK with you.
I am looking in the yellow pages now, want to do this today while I still have the nerve.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Read up one post - I upped the ante - BUT, if not Penthouse Executive - has to be a HIGH-END club, not some dive!

Vaping MUST be on Kaji's box mod too!

The place must be high end enough that you could not get in wearing only a wife-beater but you have to take off the outer shirt - to only wife-beater - for the vaping! :lol:

DOUBLE-DOG-DARE REMAINS A TRUE CHALLENGE!!!!!!!! Are you UP for it Smokie????

Last edited:

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Read up one post - I upped the ante - BUT, if not Penthouse Executive - has to be a HIGH-END club, not some dive!

Vaping MUST be on Kaji's box mod too!

The place must be high end enough that you could not get in wearing only a wife-beater but you have to take off the outer shirt - to only wife-beater - for the vaping! :lol:

DOUBLE-DOG-DARE REMAINS A TRUE CHALLENGE!!!!!!!! Are you UP for it Smokie????

If I do this I can NOT show, or name the place because the video will be made public, and I wll get a knock at my door in a few days. But you should know if it is a high end place by the size, and the setting, you know nice floors, and all. So what do you say? I really do not want anything for it. but it makes me want to do it more when their is something in it for me. Get me while I am willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread