radio shack battery and a clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    You need an actual current rating and to stay (well) below it. Note that a regulated mod with voltage boost can increase current draw although they do contain some other protection. If you actually have an 18650 mod you can dedicate to only such clearos I think it would be as safe as a battery capable of a lot more power output -- a more powerful battery is more likely to fail more dramatically if it does. Most people would rather use their mods for something better though. I do kind of like using a (good) clearo on a mech since there's no time-out, but a CE4 can't handle long drags.

vapercatz

May 4, 2015
    HELLO mcclintock,thanks for a helping hand!....I have 18 days with no cigs and I have not jumped into as quick or spent more time on a hobby like this and I've done them all...Land,Sea and Air!....mods and stuff are just a different bend in the mind... kinda gives the hand and mind something to do and not to think about the past ....I'm playing around with an 18 volt battery pack from a harbor freight drill/flashlight combo....I pick up My 6th multi meter free and I'm building that and the pack into a desk top unit to play with....Controlled with a PWM box that an Elec./Tech.Friend at work built for Me....A smooth 0 to 18 volts....I used it to power a small die grinder from H/F,it had a wall wart to power it so You were limited to the bench with a plug outlet...About the Radio shack battery,it has a chip on the bottom and all the info I could find says its over charge/under charged protected I also have their charger to charge it....It was a deal for $15.99 for charger and two batteries....And no Sub-Ohmin' going on just c4s and that will all it will see....I thought it would act like a big ego battery and run for days just puffin' to chase the Monkey away....No clouds here..just,whats it called? "Toodle puffin" or the like....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread