• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Randy, an Ontario MP is fighting for/with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I hope he doesn't mind me posting his email to me here but I feel it's important and folks need to know that the ramifications of inaction at this key time will cost us vapers and those yet to start vaping dearly.

"Liberal's Blowing Smoke on Vapes"

"Recently you contacted me through my office or through social media regarding my opposition to Ontario's ill-conceived and highly ideological Bill 45, which deemed vaporizers to be tobacco products.

You can read my recent letter to the Premier and her Associate Minister of Health who coauthored the statute here. http://www.randyhilliermpp.com/letter_to_the_premier_respecting_vapes?e=dab127b0ece3e88d6e89b540a1e75e67&utm_source=randyhillier&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=vape_email&n=2.

I'm sure you are aware that recently the Associate Minister is trying desperately to untangle the Gordian knot she created with Bill 45 and so far remains unsuccessful. I would encourage you to remain diligent and vigilant in demanding that the Premier repeal Section 3 of Bill 45, alter her course of promoting government taxation revenues from tobacco companies, and begin promoting a sensible legislative framework that is constitutional, promotes harm reduction, and encourages vaporizers as an effective means to replace nicotine addiction and help people to stop smoking.

This can be achieved by replacing Schedule 3 and including mari...(green stuff) as a tobacco product for purposes under the Smoke Free Ontario act. In this manner, retailing and use of mari...(green stuff) would be subject to the same rules as tobacco.

Please contact the Premier and the Associate Minister as well as your own MPP, which you can find here.

Furthermore, there will be a demonstration at Queens Park on December 5th put on by the Vapor Advocates of Ontario to showcase their opposition to Schedule 3 Bill 45 and its restrictions on vaping and I encourage anyone who is able to attend, more information on that event can be found here.

Feel free to share your correspondence with me at info@randyhillier.com and follow my advocacy on vaporizers either on Twitter or Facebook."

Randy Hillier

Thank-you Randy, we need more good men like you in our government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread