Status
Not open for further replies.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
I got this emailed to me from a vendor today:

In 15 days the ecig market freezes. As it stands, on August 8 2016 the vaping market will be frozen. You will not be able buy any new products without them being approved from the FDA.

Damn sad to think that here in the USA we'll be standing still while the technology continues to progress forward to newer and better for other country's.
Like most everyone, I've stocked up a bit to prepare, but no longer being able to freely and easily shop for new things is really going to kill a lot of the fun for me.

Sorry, but I'm really frustrated with the stupidity of our lawmakers and politicians.
Between the nonsense at both conventions and idiotic laws like this passing, I felt the need to rant a little :(

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Oh shoot. I just did my rant on the FDA Johnson thread. Ok I really dislike the position they put us in. My god I quit smoking after 46 years and this is what we have come to? Even tried Chantix which almost put me in the Acorn suite. Now I have to DIY. I make the crappiest vape.absolutely tasteless and BORING! Ugh I just want choices.

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum Rules

Sewnmachine

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Akron, Ohio - in the "hood"
My son tells me this also - I'll be able to find stuff via the black market. Right now I'm 65 years old - so when my stash runs out in about 5 years, I'll be 70. Even assuming I still have my wits about me, the last thing I want to be dealing with is the "black market". How does one even find the black market? And I doubt that these black marketeers are going to be advertising here on the EFC. No.... I have very few options. 1. I could develop a liking for those awful ecigs they sell at the gas station - or - 2. I could start smoking real cigarettes again. Those would probably take another 10 years to kill me, and by then I'll be 80. By that time I'll have one foot in the grave anyway. There's just no happy ending to this story......

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Sorry, there is no way I'm purchasing my vapor products on the dark web. A hardcore "user" probably doesn't care, but I want to know what's in my e-liquid.... you get into the dark web with the likes of Silk Road et al, you'll have no clue what you're getting.

[Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
. . . it's gonna suck in the coming years seeing the latest and greatest vaping stuff coming out that we'll never be able to have. :(:-x

Probably the rest of the world won't see those latest, newest, wowiest-zowiest goodies, either. The best guess is that the U.S. is 45% of the worldwide vaping market, and probably a large majority of the APV market within that.

So, suddenly the market shrinks by half or more. My guess is that development of new products will slow down drastically or cease altogether.

Last edited:

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sorry, there is no way I'm purchasing my vapor products on the dark web. A hardcore "user" probably doesn't care, but I want to know what's in my e-liquid....

Endor, that's why stashing nic concentrate right now this very minute and learning how to DIY later on is so important. With DIY, you know exactly what's going into your eliquid. DIY isn't difficult: if you can mix a martini, you can learn how to DIY.

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How does one even find the black market?

Just ask you local Mexican cartel drug dealer. ;)

I jest, of course. But, as a partial example, take a look at how the Canadian vapers are handling their semi-ban. There will be ways, and probably easy ones.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
Endor, that's why stashing nic concentrate right now this very minute and learning how to DIY later on is so important. With DIY, you know exactly what's going into your eliquid. DIY isn't difficult: if you can mix a martini, you can learn how to DIY.
I sent you a PM for some pointers....

To the moderators: I saw a section deleted in my earlier post. I am very much in agreement with the rule I probably (accidentally) broke, and wanted to apologize if my attempts to obfuscate the subject matter weren't quite as successful as I had hoped. :)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Just ask you local Mexican cartel drug dealer. ;)

I jest, of course. But, as a partial example, take a look at how the Canadian vapers are handling their semi-ban. There will be ways, and probably easy ones.

It's not much of a ban up here in Canada. Juice can be seized on international orders, but it's in the minority - hardware is untouched unless accompanied by juice. Other than that, juice (including DIY supplies) and hardware can be freely purchased via either online or B&M routes within the country.

To your point, yes, there will always be a way, but I'm thinking the crackdown will look more like Singapore (perhaps without the spectre of being caned, tho).

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
So today is the 8th - day one of vaping prohibition.
With all of the last minute product introductions, I was really tempted to place an order with a china site, but I suspect US customs will begin seizing packages - correct?
For that matter, is it still safe to make an on-line purchase from a US site?

eww245

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2014
PA
Stupid media, just heard on the radio that today cigars E-Cigarettes and hookah can't be sold to minors. Nothing more, like the FDA has just put a huge burden on our economy by forcing tobacco and e-cig companies to go back to the dark ages of 2007 or face millions in charges to make sure their products are safe for the population. BS
With all of the last minute product introductions, I was really tempted to place an order with a china site, but I suspect US customs will begin seizing packages - correct?
I'll let you know in a few hours when USPS drops off the last of my stockpile if there are any issues. Ordering from the US should be fine for the next two years anyway. I am also expecting a replacement part from China so we'll see how that goes, it hasn't shipped yet.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Eww245: Anyone with CNN HLN - tune in and watch the way its being presented - no details except the "it's to protect the children" crap.
Unbelievably inaccurate reporting - the media is completely ignoring the fact that today is the beginning of the end of an entire industry as the FDA gifts the ecig market to BT.

Reactions: LaraC

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

No. I don't think that we are at that point just yet. I just placed an order from a Chinese site last night. Don't expect it to arrive for about two weeks. Don't expect any issues at all :) Same goes for purchases within the US unless your state imposes taxes or has laws about purchasing tobacco products online. US sites will require age verification for anyone under the age of 27 years old though.

Reactions: Dieseler

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Not sure where the rumor started that tobacco products can not be mailed through USPS but, not true. Cigarettes are restricted but not prohibited. No law against mailing tobacco products. The restrictions specifically cover rolled and loose leaf tobacco cigarettes.
Shipping Restrictions | USPS

Be sure to read the definition of tobacco that is restricted ;)

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
What the heck is a "newly regulated finished tobacco product?" The document posted on FDA's Compliance and Enforcement site notes that FDA "intends to limit enforcement to newly regulated finished tobacco products at this time." Finished? What, buffed out, shiny and ready to go?

The reason there are so many words in the dictionary is so people can communicate with precision. Ah, but I forgot: FDA deemed precision to be hazardous. Or, maybe, an unnecessary annoyance. Or a cow.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What the heck is a "newly regulated finished tobacco product?" The document posted on FDA's Compliance and Enforcement site notes that FDA "intends to limit enforcement to newly regulated finished to back products at this time." Finished? What, buffed out, shiny and ready to go?

The reason there are so many words in the dictionary is so people can communicate with precision. Ah, but I forgot: FDA deemed precision to be hazardous. Or, maybe, an unnecessary annoyance. Or a cow.
My understanding is that it means packaged up and sold to the end user.

In other words, someone selling nicotine base to an eliquid maker is not selling a finished product. The eliquid maker would be selling the "finished" tobacco product after making his eliquid with that base and packaging up for sale to the consumer. But that same person selling nicotine base directly to the consumer is selling a finished tobacco product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread