Raptor Flip-Top VV Mod with 20A, 120W dc/dc converter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwincl56

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Hot Springs, SD, USA
Wow, what fun! Three days researching and ordering parts and I only got 30 more pages on this great thread to go. Help I'm going bug-eyed. But I think I've got most of the parts ordered and on the way. One of my orders from Digikey gets here tomorrow. The problem is I keep seeing neat new stuff in this thead to buy. That's it, no more ordering until this mod is done. Right!!!

Hey thanks everyone, for the great ideas and manu for this great project.

tj138waterboy

Feb 13, 2015
I have a quick question for anyone using lipo setup on this build. I will be using high amp connectors such as xt60 or 90 that are standard to lipo so if I adapt the + wire from master switch and 1 wire from a mini ground lug could I eliminate the p-fet and fuses in the circuit given that I have a master switch with high enough amp rating? Idea being that it would be impossible to reverse polarity. Also I have read that there is no way to use n-fet with this board but what If I just wanted to use it so I can control the board with a smaller amp rated switch PRK22J5DBBNN CHERRY | Mouser

tj138waterboy

Feb 13, 2015
I have a quick question for anyone using lipo setup on this build. I will be using high amp connectors such as xt60 or 90 that are standard to lipo so if I adapt the + wire from master switch and 1 wire from a mini ground lug could I eliminate the p-fet and fuses in the circuit given that I have a master switch with high enough amp rating? Idea being that it would be impossible to reverse polarity. Also I have read that there is no way to use n-fet with this board but what If I just wanted to use it so I can control the board with a smaller amp rated switch PRK22J5DBBNN CHERRY | Mouser

Decided to use fuses anyways because I will make this mod interchangeable from lipo to tri or quad 18650's via xt-60 connection.

Hadan

Apr 25, 2015
Here's what my box ended up looking like after shaving it on a belt sander, I like the contrast with the black. Got everything to fit (pfet, nfet and voltmeter circuits). My battery holder works great. What can I say, I'm amazed I was able to squeeze it all in on my first try.
hello. Can I see your box 1590g after after shaving it on a belt sander with atomizer? how much exactly is it located? Does it give the desired result? I am from belarus. google translate

Last edited:
Mamu, or anyone that can help,

So I completed my Raptor box and as soon as I connect an attie, it starts auto firing. I have triple checked the wiring diagram and looked for solder bridges, but can't seem to find what is causing this. I have everything insulated with heat shrink and looked for possible shorts. If I turn the pot, it cranks up the voltage but the firing switch does absolutely nothing. I have read all 43 pages in these forums and can't find an answer. I gutted the entire box to look for errors, replaced the 4.7k resistor with a new one thinking the other one wasn't making a good connection, and was still having the same problem so I decided to start over from scratch. Finished building a brand new one with all new parts, put the batts in, and as soon as I connect an attie, it starts auto firing yet again :/ I'm just about ready to give up but I've invested so much time and effort and money into this project that I thought maybe I'd ask you guys before deciding to completely give up. If anyone can help, or has had this problem before and knows how to fix it, please let me know what to do. I will forever be in your debt. Thanks in advance

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
SpEeDy314 - there's only a few things that would cause auto-firing here. There is no 4.7K pull-down resistor across the on/off pin and ground, or it is a loose solder connection with the resistor and the pins. Double-check that you indeed soldered the resistor across the on/off pin and ground. The other thing would be a faulty fire switch or a NC switch was used instead of an NO switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread