Raptor Flip-Top VV Mod with 20A, 120W dc/dc converter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAlexander

Jun 5, 2015
hello all,

i know i am tardy to the party but i will start building this tomorrow, at least moding the box. i Have been studying this build for a while and need just one thing clarified, with the latest build update 9/23/2014 on page 34, does the switch need to be rated, if so will a n-mosfet fix this and if so where should i install it. i would like to use a tactile switch to save space. please forgive me if i have missed a previous post about this earlier in the thread.

Thank you @mamu for all your hard work on this project. My father and I will be building this together, while he is an electrical engineer, i have never been able to understand much in the way of electronic circuitry even with his high level explanations. After weeks after research and countless videos on the youtube i understand so much more than i ever have before. Your diagrams on breaktru.com were what first brought my attention to this build. Thank you for this, i can't be more excited and have never felt closer to my father in talking through this circuitry. I know kind of sappy but for me totally awesome!

alejandro712

Mar 6, 2013
Chicago
Hello all,

I am wondering if I could use a power supply like this 350w, 25a, 2x 13.8V output to power the raptor as it is listed in the diagram that @mamu made. Would I have to change around any of the resistors, capacitors, or whatnot? According to the board specifications the raptor can operate at a max of 14v, but I want to make sure I don't light anything on fire trying this wiring diagram.

Thanks!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

I am wondering if I could use a power supply like this 350w, 25a, 2x 13.8V output to power the raptor as it is listed in the diagram that @mamu made. Would I have to change around any of the resistors, capacitors, or whatnot? According to the board specifications the raptor can operate at a max of 14v, but I want to make sure I don't light anything on fire trying this wiring diagram.

Thanks!

Your link to the power supply doesn't work.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
I find it amazing that a sigelei 200 watt can be bought for close to the same price as parts for a raptor box mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it's a dead hobby now, only those who actually do electronics are still making mods. Guys on facebook are remaking the dna200 but no where near as cool as the dna200 software package.. Costs are much lower tho in the DNA200 instance.. The raptors were so much cheaper (16bucks) before vaping raised them from the dead.. They made them after 2014 specifically for vaping as they were discontinued 2013..

A 100 watt mod for 28 bucks good brand with ohm, voltage, and battery monitor, for 28 bucks thats an amazing deal. So ya it doesn't make sense to build a mod to own a high power mod these days...

startmer

Moved On
Jan 10, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread