Raptor Flip-Top VV Mod with 20A, 120W dc/dc converter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California
is there a trimmer resistor that mounts flush with the box just like the switch. not nessasrily flush but that mounts like the switch button and the fatdaddy vapes 510. with a nut on the bottom. Something that isnt gonna need to be glued to the box. Or can someone point me to a part number. Im confused about the trim resistor, knob, and post. I dont even know anything about this. I know its for adjusting the voltage but thats about all i know.

Last edited:

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California
Yes, to parallel just stack the caps and fuses one on top of the other, solder the ends together, then run a wire off each end. I don't always use the board - depends on how small the part is.

The fuses look easy. about the caps though....So it would be ok if the solder on each of the caps is touching each other, right? Basically are we fusing each of the caps together to make one ans then running a wire off of each end.

jakl_53

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Southern Indiana
That would be the 1S 6S meter, jakl.

You don't need all the pins, just the 2 on the right (with the back side facing). To save space, I gently rock that pin bar back and forth til it breaks off, then de-solder the holes that I'm going to use, then solder + and - wires through those holes.

1s-6s-meter.jpg

Thanks for that mamu, i appreciate it. I would of figured it out once I got it but it just threw me off once i saw that other picture. And i hope the resistors and zener diode dont have any special specs that are needed. As I just ordered whatever i found.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California
Mamu, do you go to any of the vape cons or things like that? I would love to buy you a drink/soda or whatever some day to show my appreciation for being so instrumental in the evolution of our hobby/addiction.

Thanks mamu. I just ordered all my parts for my first build. Yours seem to have came out great Dustin, watched all your YouTube videos. Any tips you can give me on my first build.

Are you sticking too the fatdaddy 510s? That's what I ordered. Or did you find any better surface mount 510s? How did you mount your volt meter and switch in your box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin Brown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Albuquerque
I am still using the fatdaddy 510's. I use two part epoxy for the led and three position switch.
As far as any tips; go slow and double/triple check all your runs to make sure they land where they are supposed to. Avoid solder bridges on the chip.
Are you sticking too the fatdaddy 510s? That's what I ordered. Or did you find any better surface mount 510s? How did you mount your volt meter and switch in your box?

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California
I am still using the fatdaddy 510's. I use two part epoxy for the led and three position switch.
As far as any tips; go slow and double/triple check all your runs to make sure they land where they are supposed to. Avoid solder bridges on the chip.

Thanks for the tips bro. Would you recommend a prototype board for soldering some of the small components? If so whats the part number @ digikey.

I am also having trouble finding a trimmer pot thing. Is there one that has the knob and everything I need included? And how do these mount? Is there any type of surface mount trimmers that I don't need to epoxy?
Like maybe a fancier one with a thumb dual or something

Thanks dude

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California

Did you solder directly to the negative and positive on the fatdaddy 510.

Can I just have 1 lead coming off of each and then solder all wires to the lead?

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Mamu, do you go to any of the vape cons or things like that? I would love to buy you a drink/soda or whatever some day to show my appreciation for being so instrumental in the evolution of our hobby/addiction.

awww... TY. <hugs>

One of these days I might make it to vapebash or vapecon.

Rapture

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Bay Area California
Reading over and studying these tutorials, Rapture - the instructions and the pictures - will answer a lot of your questions.

Arlo – dual 18650 DNA20/30

Milo-DNA20D

Dena - Double 14500 VV Regulated Mod

Double 18650 VV Regulated Flip-Top Mod

This is the one that got me into modding 4 years ago. This tutorial taught me the how-to and hands-on to modding, then I took it from there.
Fistpack v2.0 Walk-Through

Yeah that will help a lot. I will be studying all of these before jumping into my raptor. Along with watching YouTube videos and tutorials on soldering. I appreciate the help and the extra work you have put in making these tutorials for us.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
@Dustin brown do you think you could post a pic of the chip after everything is wired in next time you do a build? It would be very appreciated. Im trying to figure out what the 7.5k resistor and the 2x22 capacitors look like wired in. thanks buddy

My soldering is not as good as mamu.:) The caps are in the black shrink.

Back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread