Raspberry pi mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharryn

May 20, 2015
I'm looking for someone or a group of people who would have more experience with programming or hardware than i do. Id like to build a mod with variable wattage, and maybe temp control. The hard part would be using a Raspberry pi to control it. I am aware this would be overkill and just crazy but that's the fun of it. I'd like 200+ watts if possible that's usually where i run my SMY 260. Being able to build down to 0.1 would be a huge plus. Any help from hardware to programming would be great.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
^^^^^^ yes there have been some PWM devices using a Arduino. You can check out the Gryphon mod there are a handful of videos on Youtube with a guy that went all the way thru with one. For some reason they never hit the market although were distributed to some reviewers and the guys from the Plumes of Hazard show. If you go to Reddit and check out the OpenPV forum there are allot of PWM VV series box boards in circulation that can be had for very, very cheap and would make a great device.

Reactions: atroph

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Here is the link for the modders forum on reddit Keep that mod open! • /r/OpenPV

And here is a example of someone who has designed some PWM boards. Some of them are very tiny which is convenient. You could program a Arduino to do more, maybe even TC, but it would take 100's of hours and a vast knowledge of the hardware your using would be necessary. A PWM series board would give you the same results of a determined entry Arduino programmer in the end so its something you would have to decide what is feasible.

hmapcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread