Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I just switched the Genelocity Giant over to DM Viskose. I also changed the coil to a 6 wrap on 4.5mm (still a Z coil), the 4 wrap was getting hot legs as there is 15mm between the post holes. I used 3 layers thick in the coil, fluffed, trimmed and laid on the deck. The Viskose has no problem feeding a coil of that size as it pulls the juice up through the SS cables quite nicely.

A cleaner vape than Sally's, too bad we can't get them here easily.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I just wicked my Hurricane using logic...lol.
Now the built looks like a gigantic Joyetech CLR RBA... LOL.
I both wick tails coming out of the juice. So far so good.
It's all about coil density and thinning the tails, a little experimentation untill you get it right for each atty. You cannot apply cotton wicking techniques to Rayon.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I don't get it, from this built it seems to me your wick end is very thick. Wouldn't it consider to much wick?

I probably can use this style on my Hurricane RTA. Atm, I'm using thin wicking tails for my KF5 which works great.

In the details of rayon wicking theory, thinning is a must if the wick is longer than the deck or makes a bend.

Depending on the tank, amount of juice flow, type of juice and power levels, you may want to thin more. Newer tanks have much more juice flow and hugher power capabilities so you can at times get away with more tail and not notice any problem.

The col

Technically the tail is the 20% or so that I pushed into the wells. Then I trimmed the rest to deck width.

From the op-

On to the Tails -

- thin the Tails
- the tail begins where the wick bends.
- A full density wick should only extend to the edge of the deck or chamber wall. The rest is tail and should be clipped down. Some have said it looks similar to a mullet.
- Balance - you need the wick on both sides to be as even as reasonably possible.... Or one side will draw liquid to it and.. out of the coil after firing causing discoloration on one side.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Authentic BFDFT will be inbound for the LUX, another prime candidate for some DM Viskose!

I had a LUX at the register ready to check out. The register attendant got distracted with someone else so I took a moment to skim through the manual. Only capable of 70W in TC....whaaaat?! :( Bummer. That's a game killer for me. All of my TC builds require more than 70w.
Love the form factor and batt capacity though. The menu system is pretty cool too.

flambo

Feb 24, 2016
Rayonia
I don't know what came over me:
I bit the bullet & finally built my NextGen clone-
with 100% tencel fibres.

It was pretty easy, really.
Saliva-moistened straight fibres down the tunnel-
minimal thinning
top dry for easier fanning
2 sides- didn't check to see if there are 2 juice holes...lol

Back-combed the top wrap- juiced it to keep it in place & attached & wrapped the coil pretty snugly.
(Twisted 30G TiNi---ha ha I like TC)
0.62Ω
24W and old high PG 18mg/ml juice & wow!

Nothing like the nic hit of a brand new tencel wick :D
Doesn't match the flavour of parallel in Derringer v3, but it is my new #1 tank.

I'm amazed at how well the tencel wicks from that/those tiny juice hole/s.
I'm not sure how well this would work for high VG
I'm really pleased about not having to try stainless steel mesh.

EDIT: Forgot to mention- the final trim was after everything was firing, so I could leave some tencel on the legs.

Last edited:

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I had a LUX at the register ready to check out. The register attendant got distracted with someone else so I took a moment to skim through the manual. Only capable of 70W in TC....whaaaat?! :( Bummer. That's a game killer for me. All of my TC builds require more than 70w.
Love the form factor and batt capacity though. The menu system is pretty cool too.
That's one of the things I hate about the Wraith Squonker, only 50W in TC. One has to build accordingly. :yawn:

The latest firmware supposedly removed the TC limitation on the LUX, I'll let you know if this is the case.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread