Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I think I paid almost that much for the 40ft box I got for trying it from Amazon. I didn't want to be stuck with a 500'/3lb box of it if I wasn't sure I liked it. I think my Sally's had it marked for $17 or so but that was last summer when I went looking for it so I could be wrong on the price. I am willing to bet I still have 20+ feet left in this 40' box 7 or 8 months later wicking 6 different dual coil rta/rda once every 4 - 6 weeks.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
How tight should the wick be?
tighter than you think it should if you are used to cotton. Tight enough that you can feel or hear it squeak. It doesn't expand like cotton so if you don't use enough it can collapse some in the coil once saturated creating a gap which will make for an unpleasant vape experience.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
tighter than you think it should if you are used to cotton. Tight enough that you can feel or hear it squeak. It doesn't expand like cotton so if you don't use enough it can collapse some in the coil once saturated creating a gap which will make for an unpleasant vape experience.
I was doing that for a few weeks now but today I decided to try a tighter one. I still got the squeak but it's real tight. Going to see how this one works...

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I was doing that for a few weeks now but today I decided to try a tighter one. I still got the squeak but it's real tight. Going to see how this one works...
I thinks I finally got it right. I packed shtuff in there so tight I thought there was no way it would work! Seems perfect so far. About ten days in.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
How's the flavor? I bet it's great.
Heh heh, not a flavor hound. As a matter of fact I keep 1 tank of flavorless in my 4 tank rotation. The rest are single flavors mixed at 3%. When the concentrates I have run out I may not bother replacing them.

Edit: I will say that it does taste 'cleaner' than my cotton.

Last edited:

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Edit: I will say that it does taste 'cleaner' than my cotton.

I am willing to bet it will keep tasting 'cleaner' for far longer as well. I generally vape 120+ ML thru my toppers before I consider a re-wick with rayon.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I thinks I finally got it right. I packed shtuff in there so tight I thought there was no way it would work! Seems perfect so far. About ten days in.

That's the ticket!!!

Coming from cotton, more than you think is even possible in the coil, and less tail than you think is possible in the tails..

My last wick turned out too light and had to re-wick with more density. Pushing on the tails left this... :(

NOT GOOD

It was working OK for a while but wouldn't keep up, I was able to keep using with a lower power setting till I had time to re-wick.. I thought it was my tails and wick in the Wells, but no too light.... Always check coil density with any problem first

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
That's the ticket!!!

Coming from cotton, more than you think is even possible in the coil, and less tail than you think is possible in the tails..

My last wick turned out too light and had to re-wick with more density. Pushing on the tails left this... :(

NOT GOOD

It was working OK for a while but wouldn't keep up, I was able to keep using with a lower power setting till I had time to re-wick.. I thought it was my tails and wick in the Wells, but no too light.... Always check coil density with any problem first
I use the CLR coils in eGo ONE Mega tanks. Really is no tail to worry about. Just trim as close to the coil head as possible. KISS METHOD at its best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread