Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Got to love it.. I'm staying with it myself. Giving all my cotton pads to my wife and daughter for make up removal. LoL

I was thinking of trying Cotton Bacon but I decided not to bother. I haven't even gotten the longevity benefit of rayon yet because I'm only using one tank right now and I've been running out of e-liquid and trying other kinds. I hope to settle on one e-liquid very soon to see how long rayon will last.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Herrick, the way rayon wicks you can just change the liquid without rewicking. There will be a few hits of "mixed" flavor but the change is very fast. I routinely change flavors and never rewick when I d it unless I need new coils.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
On my last few wicks, I've finally felt The Squeak! I think I heard it too.
QUOTE="Herrick, post: 19500227, member: 295651"]And as reported by all of you people, there is virtually no break-in period with proper density.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear!

You've got it now..

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
For whatever reason I tried Cotton Bacon recently, took a few hits and rewicked with Rayon. It actually wasn't bad but it didn't "hit" as nice as rayon and the flavor wasn't as good. Not sure why CB V2 is so popular. It was just like any other cotton but more expensive, :lol:

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
Well my wife gave me an excuse to stop by Sally's Beauty Supply this afternoon so I stopped in and got what she needed. While there I decided to grab some of their cellulocotton to try this rayon thing out instead of ordering more Japanese organic cotton pads in the next few months. They had the giant boxes but I noticed that they had a small bag with only 10 feet. "Perfect," I thought to myself, "I don't have to buy a giant box of 500' just to see if I might like it better than cotton." I get home and notice that the image on the packaging is ALMOST identical to the boxes. This one just says "100% Cotton" instead of "100% Rayon Fibers" like the boxes. Doh! I guess I'm going to find out if they'll do an exchange. Thankfully I didn't open the package.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Well my wife gave me an excuse to stop by Sally's Beauty Supply this afternoon so I stopped in and got what she needed. While there I decided to grab some of their cellulocotton to try this rayon thing out instead of ordering more Japanese organic cotton pads in the next few months. They had the giant boxes but I noticed that they had a small bag with only 10 feet. "Perfect," I thought to myself, "I don't have to buy a giant box of 500' just to see if I might like it better than cotton." I get home and notice that the image on the packaging is ALMOST identical to the boxes. This one just says "100% Cotton" instead of "100% Rayon Fibers" like the boxes. Doh! I guess I'm going to find out if they'll do an exchange. Thankfully I didn't open the package.

Heck, if you want some to try, just PM me your mailing info. Be glad to send you some.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
Heck, if you want some to try, just PM me your mailing info. Be glad to send you some.

Thank you very much. That is a very generous offer. One of the things I love about this community. But it's not a big deal and not a big inconvenience for me to run back by the store and swap the cotton that I have for the rayon that I should have grabbed. If I don't end up liking it, I'll just give it away either here or to my local buddies that vape, or both.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
@Jeff M. - You want 100% Rayon fibers - NON-REINFORCED
They had reinforced when I got mine. I had to visually inspect them to decide which one was correct. Non-Reinforced is correct. The reinforced has a layer around it, sort of like Ko Gen Do cotton pads. Non reinforced is free fiber that makes it easier to prune to the right diameter.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Am I the only one who also really enjoyed the the 100% cotton from Sally's? I like the rayon also for obvious reasons but that cotton had great flavor. I keep a small bag of the cotton and have a big box of the rayon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
even the shop I ordered from got it wrong. Instead of sending me the 40' box of rayon, they sent the 40' box of cotton. I got more rayon but doubt i'll ever use the cotton for anything
Somehow I wound up with four 40' boxes of cotton. Never even thought of using it for vaping, maybe I'll have to give that a try.

Jeff M.

May 7, 2015
Somehow I wound up with four 40' boxes of cotton. Never even thought of using it for vaping, maybe I'll have to give that a try.

My only hesitation is that it's not (marked at least) as being organic. Coming from an area that produces a fair amount of the stuff, as I understand it, cotton production usually entails a fair amount of pesticides and other chemicals to bleach it etc. Probably not a big deal, but knowing that a cotton is organic makes me feel better about using it.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Can you post a pic of the box before you return it?

you know... for science.

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
My only hesitation is that it's not (marked at least) as being organic. Coming from an area that produces a fair amount of the stuff, as I understand it, cotton production usually entails a fair amount of pesticides and other chemicals to bleach it etc. Probably not a big deal, but knowing that a cotton is organic makes me feel better about using it.
Good point. The chlorine I'm not too worried about, that stuff usually dissipates fairly well. The potential pesticides on the other hand could be an issue. I would think that if they weren't washed off well it would leave a residual taste, not sure. Since the stuff is designed for direct skin contact they may take extra steps to make sure all the nasties are gone before they package it.

For now I guess I'll just keep staring at the boxes. Maybe @jcash74 has some thoughts on the matter.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
i saw someone on another forum say they liked it. i haven't even used 20' of my 40' box of 44130 yet

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Good point. The chlorine I'm not too worried about, that stuff usually dissipates fairly well. The potential pesticides on the other hand could be an issue. I would think that if they weren't washed off well it would leave a residual taste, not sure. Since the stuff is designed for direct skin contact they may take extra steps to make sure all the nasties are gone before they package it.

For now I guess I'll just keep staring at the boxes. Maybe @jcash74 has some thoughts on the matter.

Do you know how systemic pesticides work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread