kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Ahhh the ole' Bussardo method of wind up 3' of wire and pull off 2'. :D
Nice spacing, my OCD would be very pleased. What gauge of SS430 is that, it doesn't look like Unk 28g.
It's zivipf 26, but I've also got some unkamen 28, it's the same stuff. Ive got a ton of it & it's cheap, no point in having to do it twice.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
@kross8 what was the issue you were having with vaping before you found rayon?
chronic vapors tongue,,,everything tasted really bad and the same kind of bad. when i switched to rayon the fix was pretty much instant. the cotton was getting too clogged at the same time not able to move the ejuice to the coil. i would keep recoiling/rewicking and nothing worked. so i switched to rayon as a last ditch effort,, i chain vape and dont get vt at all anymore.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
chronic vapors tongue,,,everything tasted really bad and the same kind of bad. when i switched to rayon the fix was pretty much instant. the cotton was getting too clogged at the same time not able to move the ejuice to the coil. i would keep recoiling/rewicking and nothing worked. so i switched to rayon as a last ditch effort,, i chain vape and dont get vt at all anymore.
That's what I thought but wasn't positive. Trying to explain the virtues of rayon to someone. Thanks!

CraftyWineaux

May 25, 2017
Sloth, so I got into the squonk gang and rayon'd it up after reading your posts. Thanks!
I've trimmed the tails some more since this picture and it wicks like a dream and the flavor rocks. I also did a chimney coil on the aeronaut rda and wicked with rayon around and the tails cut to about 40% on each side and it also wicks like a champ. Both are great for squonking.
ptmeE0q.jpg

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
Check out this "real world" test of rayon versus cotton. My take away is that rayon transports better but cotton holds more. In my mind that means that rayon is superior for RTA use while cotton might be superior for squonking use. Just my opinion and everyone is different, the beauty of vaping.

Rayon vs 3 leading brands of Cotton - Head to Head test | E-Cigarette Forum

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sloth, so I got into the squonk gang and rayon'd it up after reading your posts. Thanks!
I've trimmed the tails some more since this picture and it wicks like a dream and the flavor rocks. I also did a chimney coil on the aeronaut rda and wicked with rayon around and the tails cut to about 40% on each side and it also wicks like a champ. Both are great for squonking.
ptmeE0q.jpg
Nice! Any pictures of your Aeronaut chimney build. I have the Aeronaut 24 (V2) with a simple 4mm 22g coil in it now and would like to try out a chimney build for it.

The Aeronaut is an excellent RDA.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
The one cotton he tested wicked, transported, almost as well as rayon. It did hold significantly more which could, certainly, be an advantage when squonking or dripping. Again, whatever works for each of us is the best solution. Personally, I use rayon in both the one squonker and one dripper I have. I can't deal with the taste of cotton.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I know its been said before but the difference between cotton and rayon.
Cotton...the juice flows inside the fiber thus expanding the fiber so less in the coil cause it expands enough not to choke the juice flow inside the coil. The flowing inside the fiber is part to why it clogs easily and wears out so fast. Your using heavy sweet juices that partially vaporized at the ends of the coil blocking the flow inside the fiber so your loosing flow ability of the fibers slowly until no more flow and coil burns.
Rayon... the juice flows outside the fiber so it has to be tight in the coil cause as-per-say the rayon shrinks when actually it settles upon itself and doesn't shrink at all. Rayon you have the problem of massive thick tails cause of so much material that has to be in the coil, literally so tight that you almost distort the coil installing the rayon. Its those massive tails that choke juice flow so thinning them by scraping sharp tweezers or anything pointy through the tail to remove a desired amount for proper juice flow. Shortest distance between well and coil is also crucial, making rabbit ears then stuffing having a mish-mash is IMO wrong. Juice the coil before installing the chimney, making sure all fibers are straight, even making the tails longer than they should be to pull some back to ensure the top of the outside wraps aren't exposed.
I've been wicking with rayon for 2 years now and when wicked properly nothing can compare to its longevity and its ability to move juice effectively. I easily move 100+ mls of juice through a rayon build and I may have a cocoon coil but after a rinse the rayon is just barely browned and in very good shape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread