Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
Think positive. Since you're an EXsmoker, make that 50 or 60 ;)
Technically I may live forever....I stand a decent chance of being a relic that future generations may take with them to mars...pretty doubtful they let me vape over there. Hahaha:)

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Appreciate it. I ordered to other products just to try as well, but their not sheets either. I was looking at some of the fiber freaks but didn't see any in the states, didn't look real hard though.

Will see how it goes. The rebuildable will use a vertical coil, so figure the sheets would just be easier to wrap around.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Appreciate it. I ordered to other products just to try as well, but their not sheets either. I was looking at some of the fiber freaks but didn't see any in the states, didn't look real hard though.

Will see how it goes. The rebuildable will use a vertical coil, so figure the sheets would just be easier to wrap around.
I gave up trying to wrap Rayon on chimney coil builds. Since I rarely run those builds, it's much easier just to use the KGD on them.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I gave up trying to wrap Rayon on chimney coil builds. Since I rarely run those builds, it's much easier just to use the KGD on them.

Yeah just found some of the fiber freaks blend to try, they are pads at least. if need to i'll just get some more kgd, when I switched to rayon i gave the kgd to use for makeup and think their all gone.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I didn't like the way FF handled or wicked. The short matted fibers that the sheets are made of hold liquid, but don't give it the multi-lane highway that a wick of long parallel fibers provides. But, it's worth a try and may suit your needs.

CraftyWineaux

May 25, 2017

I was able to use the rope just fine to wrap a chimney coil, I just fluffed it out a bit and wrapped it around like a scarf in an aeronaut v2. Wicked just fine. Let me know how the rayon pads do as I was thinking they'd be too thin for some reason.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Could you get the EXO to work in TC? I had one for a little while but I had to pif it, I think part of the base is press fitted together which caused me to have unstable readings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey there, not a rayon user yet because I'm still working on a bag of Selena Puffs, but am the owner of two EXO RTAs.

The SS EXO should not have issues working in TC (the black one reportedly has some resistance issues because of the paint on the deck, but I can't confirm this as I only own SS ones), if the wire isn't bent too much from the screws & the screws are tightened down. I'm thinking of replacing the annoying phillips-head grubs with 3mm grub screws because the included driver does not like torque; I feel like I'm gonna strip these things.

Initially used triple-core fused claptons, round wire, no spacing. Wire was cooling down too slowly, but still performed OK in TC. So, twisted up a quad core 30x32 fused and literally just hammered the wire flat after wrapping it slower than usual to make sure no huge twists formed.

This heats & cools more quickly, but I noticed it was really picky about the length of the leads on the coils being exact and tightened quite a bit on both sides to work properly in TC. All of that said, I'm running it about 50-60 degrees lower than I usually do and it's still nice and warm. It's not a build I'd wanna use in shorty mode.

Anyhow, since I'm here already and don't want to derail this discussion too much.... what's a good way to get invested into rayon without getting a bunch of it in rope form?

I see there are several different brands to choose from & don't really want to get stuck with tons of it, if it turns out it doesn't agree with me.

I notice that some people get throat irritation from rayon, does anyone know why this may be?

Possibly improved vaporization of PG, Nic & flavorings or something else entirely? Perhaps the cleaner wick that rayon demonstrates versus a quickly-gunked cotton wick mean the user should reduce their flavoring, as the cotton was filtering the juice to some extent previously?

I will eventually make my way through the rayon threads (no pun intended), but I haven't been following them as closely as I would have liked to.

I do, however, need to figure out a wick that won't gunk in my RTAs as fast. vaping custards, coffees & tobaccos causes some nasty looking wick tails that I'm certain are acting as a filter.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hey there, not a rayon user yet because I'm still working on a bag of Selena Puffs, but am the owner of two EXO RTAs.

The SS EXO should not have issues working in TC (the black one reportedly has some resistance issues because of the paint on the deck, but I can't confirm this as I only own SS ones), if the wire isn't bent too much from the screws & the screws are tightened down. I'm thinking of replacing the annoying phillips-head grubs with 3mm grub screws because the included driver does not like torque; I feel like I'm gonna strip these things.

Initially used triple-core fused claptons, round wire, no spacing. Wire was cooling down too slowly, but still performed OK in TC. So, twisted up a quad core 30x32 fused and literally just hammered the wire flat after wrapping it slower than usual to make sure no huge twists formed.

This heats & cools more quickly, but I noticed it was really picky about the length of the leads on the coils being exact and tightened quite a bit on both sides to work properly in TC. All of that said, I'm running it about 50-60 degrees lower than I usually do and it's still nice and warm. It's not a build I'd wanna use in shorty mode.

Anyhow, since I'm here already and don't want to derail this discussion too much.... what's a good way to get invested into rayon without getting a bunch of it in rope form?

I see there are several different brands to choose from & don't really want to get stuck with tons of it, if it turns out it doesn't agree with me.

I notice that some people get throat irritation from rayon, does anyone know why this may be?

Possibly improved vaporization of PG, Nic & flavorings or something else entirely? Perhaps the cleaner wick that rayon demonstrates versus a quickly-gunked cotton wick mean the user should reduce their flavoring, as the cotton was filtering the juice to some extent previously?

I will eventually make my way through the rayon threads (no pun intended), but I haven't been following them as closely as I would have liked to.

I do, however, need to figure out a wick that won't gunk in my RTAs as fast. Vaping custards, coffees & tobaccos causes some nasty looking wick tails that I'm certain are acting as a filter.
Kotex U tampons (black box) are 100% rayon. The box is much smaller than Sally's. Just unroll them and you are ready to wick. If you don't like rayon, you can donate them to a deserving woman, or, keep the box under the sink for visitor's emergencies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I mean, probably. I got the much larger one, it'll probably last a few years.

eta my bad I thought that was a question, anyway my point is, everyone who wants to try rayon always says the same thing, "is there a way for me to get some without buying a year's supply" but it's so cheap who cares, just toss it if you don't like it. Like I said you can do that or try fiber freaks, which is the same thing you just get a couple little bags for the same price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

topmix

Aug 17, 2017
Greece
Hi you all.
Im glad posting my first time in this great thread.
I have already the ff original no1 tested and im blown away comparing with KGD and cotton bacon
used to build before.
My question is if there is any guy from europe to advise a better quality rayon brand -supplier or
will be better to stay with FF?
"current str price in Greece for ff is 2.50 Euros approx $US 2.93"
Thank you all.
Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread