Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll pick up the 40ft box and go from there. Have to order a bunch of other things, so it'll work out.

Always puzzles me what people used to spend a day to smoke cigs but won't spend a few dollars to test new things.

Well, the 30 dollar, 500 ft box of rayon aside (could have sworn it was a lot less at some point), it's not usually about the cost. Rayon was recommended to me by plenty of NET users, so I have no doubt it tastes good & wicks well; allergies to random things run in the family and I'm really hoping this isn't one of them.

Chalk it up to me being overly concerned about something that likely will pose no issue.

I don't know if Rayon can replace medical cotton for emergencies, but if it doesn't work out for vaping I'm sure I can find other uses for it.

I'm hoping this is "the one" - a wick that doesn't filter out a good portion of my flavors instead of letting them get vaped.

Brobdingnagian

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Found a promo code for 30% off of one item: 888131 to offset the shipping cost a bit.

(Edit: it also makes the 3lb box cost a total of $2.76 more)

That's cheap enough to practically give away. Thanks for that. If I get out this weekend I'll try to stop by their store, because it's close enough to a local hot-spot for shopping.

Part of me was hoping there would be a "Rayons of the World Sampler", but there's no telling what kind of mark-up that would have on it... and it pretty much is all still rayon; changing the direction of the threads via further processing might have an undesirable effect.

Heck, Foz, we ALL have 20-20 vision in hindsight! :lol:

As long as we keep learning, we're all potentially future experts... or at least advanced hobbyists.

I just know that without the folks on ECF, I would probably have far less an idea of what I was doing correctly.

:toast:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
lol I literally paid 12.75 for my 40' box from amazon last year because I didn't want 500' of it if I didn't like it. so dumb in hindsight.
I think I paid about that too [emoji5] While I still have some, this year I stopped by a Sally's and got the 3# box.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
As long as we keep learning, we're all potentially future experts... or at least advanced hobbyists.

I just know that without the folks on ECF, I would probably have far less an idea of what I was doing correctly.

Right-o! Much easier to learn from someone ELSE's mistakes! :lol:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Long time no post, what up...recently got into NETs and coffee extracts from Stixx Mixx, which are amazing but are said to wreak havoc on coils and wicks...um, they must mean cotton :) :D
yup. my rayon wicks last far longer with NETs than my cotton did. what a wonder!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Technically I may live forever....I stand a decent chance of being a relic that future generations may take with them to mars...pretty doubtful they let me vape over there. Hahaha:)

That's it. Cancelling my trip now. :facepalm:

Thanks, kross!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

thetrucker

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2014
    Syracuse,NY
    Thanks for the recommendations. I'll pick up the 40ft box and go from there. Have to order a bunch of other things, so it'll work out.

Well, the 30 dollar, 500 ft box of rayon aside (could have sworn it was a lot less at some point), it's not usually about the cost. Rayon was recommended to me by plenty of NET users, so I have no doubt it tastes good & wicks well; allergies to random things run in the family and I'm really hoping this isn't one of them.

Chalk it up to me being overly concerned about something that likely will pose no issue.

I don't know if Rayon can replace medical cotton for emergencies, but if it doesn't work out for vaping I'm sure I can find other uses for it.

I'm hoping this is "the one" - a wick that doesn't filter out a good portion of my flavors instead of letting them get vaped.
    Sometimes a hairdresser will have this rayon...and mite give you a handful for free............a handful should make quite a few wicks..............just sayin.......

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Reactions: TrollDragon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread