RBA for provari mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sizzler

Nov 23, 2013
United States
still can't post anywhere else...

can I use a provari mini with a rba? I'm worried about the OHM's and battery life.

Can someone recommend to me a rba? I'm fed up with rebuilding my protank coils & dry hits. Just tried an RBA and it was an out of this world experience!

Also what Wind of wick and gauge wire? I would like to Weep the RBA to around $20 usD

There are so Many choices out there, I feel like I'm drowning.
Thank you so much for your help!

ImageX

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
US
still can't post anywhere else...

can I use a provari mini with a RBA? I'm worried about the OHM's and battery life.

Can someone recommend to me a RBA? I'm fed up with rebuilding my protank coils & dry hits. Just tried an RBA and it was an out of this world experience!

Also what Wind of wick and gauge wire? I would like to Weep the RBA to around $20 usD

There are so Many choices out there, I feel like I'm drowning.
Thank you so much for your help!

You can use just about any RBA with the Provari. You just have to make sure the ohm load keeps the draw under 3.5 amps or the Provari will shut down. That is done by how you wrap your coil. I'd go for 1.2ohm or higher. Do a lot of researching and video watching before ya attempt this.

PS Use cotton in your Protank rebuilds and you will no longer get dry hits or suffer some of the other common problems. It's the only way to go.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
I haven't gotten mine yet since it's coming from Greece but I pulled the trigger on the Sophia byLeo. You might want to look up that thread just to read up on it. It gets great reviews.

You really can't sub ohm on the ProVari tho. I don't think it will fire too much below 1.8 but I'm newer w/RBAs and don't know for sure.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Before purchasing any RBA/RDA, be sure to do your research in how they work, how to use the Ohm's Law Calculator, how to look for shorts in the coil, and how to pulse the coil prior to adding your e-juice into the mix.

You will notice shorter battery life when using an RBA/RDA, even if you use standard resistance coils. You'll also notice more juice consumption.

INFORMATION RESOURCES FOR YOUR FIRST RBA

I chose the AGA-T2 as my first RBA and use them on my Provari's. Maybe not the best choice for my first RBA. It is known to have shorts with SS wicks and have a funky thumb screw on the positive post. Like most Genesis-style RBA's, if not kept upright it can leak liquid which limits it to at-home use. A better choice would have been the simpler to use Smoktech RSST RBA as a first RBA.

I used 30 gauge Kanthal wire to make a 2.0 ohm coil (approx. 6 - 7 wraps). 400 SS mesh for the wick.

RDA's (drippers w/o tanks) seem to be more popular today than RBA's. The IGO is an inexpensive RDA often recommended for beginners.

The best video that I learned the most from was the tutorial that Zen did for Provape for his Z Atty Pro (see below). He shows how to set it up on a Provari. The same techniques for wick and wire building can be used with whatever RBA/RDA you end up using.

AGA T2 on Provari's.jpg
AGA-T2's on my Mini & Standard Provari

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread