RBA Tools (and things for those of us who are not 20something anymore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Hell, if you want to be a minimalist, sure you need nothing but kanthal, something to wrap it on, and screw it to the post. But it is more fun with toys. You don't need to torch it, dry burning is fine. You don't need to cut it, wiggling it will break it easily from under the post. My kayfun even came with the screwdriver needed. But for me coil building is just another aspect of the hobby and I enjoy it. Things that are fun, you tend to purchase more toys.

Shame on you chadsmo, not cool taking their side. And you are knocking on the door to needing those readers or headgear....trust me as I am only a few years ahead of you.

edit - deleted useless comparison statement to items in women's purse, men should learn don't argue with women, you never win. :facepalm:

Last edited:

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
My ears are going downhill faster than id like after 20 years of being addicted to loud Metal , but thankfully the eyesight (with glasses but I've worn those my whole life) and steady hands are going strong.

Haha, that is what I said. My hearing is still great, sense of smell and taste...awesome. Everything else, eh, not so much. My first back surgery was at 37 and ppfffffftttt, slide down that hill. haha Nah, really this is the first year I really had to use the readers (44). FYI, my glasses and contact script, still the same for 20 years or more. Just that now I have to lift my glasses to see up close.....that is what gets you!

And hell yeah, being a teen of the 80s, I listened to metal, was the first era. Now, I can handle about one or two songs, once in a blue moon of Judas Priest or Quiet Riot. But I have always been a fan of jazz and blues, just more so now.

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Well I'm 37 this year so … lol.

Btw, I'm seeing these guys tomorrow night, super excited.
ABORTED -

Yeah, saw it in your profile. Would have been tough to know I was only a few years ahead of you.....haha. Dude, just don't pick up nothing heavy this year....haha. Nah, mine is like they tell every single person it happens to, oh, it's degenerative. Really? Can't come up with nothin' else?

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
This is good for wrapping coils on, they sell many different sizes

prd11069.jpg
DMC Tapestry Hand Needles at Joann.com

ThreeDJ16

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013