RDA OR RTA FOR FLAVOUR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys, I am have never used an rta before and currently I am using alien85w with the v8rba which I don't really like due to lack of flavour but the best in cloud.

I want to know which is the best rta or rba for the Best flavor and clouds.
Really depends on your builds. RTA is more convenient. But at 85 watts you are a little limited. Most of my RTAs i build to be used at 80-100 watts. You may want to look into a single coil RTA. I love the alpha one as a single coil RTA with a large juice capacity and great flavor and i'll vape mine around 50 watts with a single staggered fused clapton.

The best flavor i get from any atty would be the Pharaoh RDTA

For RTAs my favorties are the EXO RTA, Boreas, Supreme, Griffin 25 plus, and the navigator BX

Reactions: ApolloKen

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi guys, I am have never used an rta before and currently I am using alien85w with the v8rba which I don't really like due to lack of flavour but the best in cloud.

Out of the RDAs vsnd RTAs i have tried here ARE the top 5 or so in the order i recommend.

Darang RDA
Silverplay Nano RTA
Goblin Mini RTA almost identical w/SP
Freakshow Mini RDA slightly behind
My short Kayfun RTA
Orchid V3
Kayfun lite plus standard.

Hope some of that helps.

I did buy Serpent Mini but could not build it because of Duprodens contracture in left hand.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If OPs question is RDA vs RTA,, a dripper, hands down.
I do admit RTAs are making dramatic inroads..
It all Depends on what the user will put up with.

I HATED dripping every 2-3 minjtedy.
I hated the burned cotton.
I hated most of all the leaking. Especially Freakshow Mini and Nova22.

There were only two RDAs i enjoyed

Darang
Rogue
Both had top airflow.

I watched GrimmGreen's review of Goblin Mini. Tried it and jumped feet first into RTAs, and NEVER went back.

I did keep one RDA but only use it when i taste Drive a new Juice.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
It all Depends on what the user will put up with.

I HATED dripping every 2-3 minjtedy.
I hated the burned cotton.
I hated most of all the leaking. Especially Freakshow Mini and Nova22.

There were only two RDAs i enjoyed

Darang
Rogue
Both had top airflow.

I watched GrimmGreen's review of Goblin Mini. Tried it and jumped feet first into RTAs, and NEVER went back.

I did keep one RDA but only use it when i taste Drive a new Juice.
I bought the Goblin mini, in the summer of 2015, one of the hardest to wick rtas i had ever confronted. The leaking was Epic, did unravel it after a few days, Yes a beautiful tasting atty.I finally binned it due to sharp edges & the difficulty of unscrewing it. The fine threading would seize up , nightmare getting the topcap off. Broke the glass, wearing gloves, just never went back..

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I bought the Goblin mini, in the summer of 2015, one of the hardest to wick rtas i had ever confronted. The leaking was Epic, did unravel it after a few days, Yes a beautiful tasting atty.I finally binned it due to sharp edges & the difficulty of unscrewing it. The fine threading would seize up , nightmare getting the topcap off. Broke the glass, wearing gloves, just never went back..
I loved both the GMini abd Silverplay Nano abd they both have the same issue airflow directly underneath the coils. If the wick vus not spot on. To quote Richard Ng's review of the GMini "it leaks like a _______".

You're right The flavor is epic.

I used my GMini until the threads on the Two piece chimney stripped. Loved that little atty.

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
I just never warmed up to a RTA, just prefer dripping or squonking. I do use some fused clapton wire and get great flavor .60ohm on a squonking mechanical mod, but most of the time I just run a single 28ga single coil 1.3ohm is my sweet spot for flavor on a dna device at 17w. There is a small learning curve when switching to rebuildables. The better you get at it the more you will enjoy it and there's no looking back.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Good question.
Might like to read:
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping - The Perks and the Problems
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi & welcome Jackder
Now how did you, a new member, know to come on to ECF and push that button? What gives best taste is one of those never ending questions with so many answers that there is no answer, but it sure does stir up everyone's opinions on it. So here's my 2 cents, what the heck.

I now have a lot of different atty's from RDA's through RTA's/RTDA's and straight tanks. I've even got a squonker though I don't like it much. I've switch all my tanks to RBA's with the exception of my Ijust 2 tanks which don't have that option. What I've found is that taste depends on a few things but less so on the actual atty itself. As Anthony points out so much depends on your build. I've also seen that it depends on the juice itself which tank it runs best in. It also depends on your power or temp settings. Finally yes it also depends on the atty but all the popular atty's can be set up well and compete with each other when it comes to taste. There are so many variables here that I hesitate to simply name a "best" atty.

That said I've been favoring my Crown 1's with their RBA for some time now.

Reactions: vapdivrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread