Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm an oddball, for certain, but this Galatek first impression - it's workin' for me...
I VERY rarely will run anything but single wire builds...so this is just what I did. And it's vaping pretty nice.
build-wick-1.jpg

That's 3mm, SS 28g, 7.5 wraps, landing right at 0.4 ohms.
That's my target for all-day everyday vaping: 0.4 to 0.5 for most setups, pretty much always on a single battery mech.

It's pretty quite airy, and the AFC doesn't seem to really scale down airflow in a linear fashion - it stays pretty darned open, until suddenly it's not. Fortunately it's fine for me at about 80% or even full open. If you are picky about a restricted draw, it's probably not the best for you.

Haven't been running it more than a couple hours, so we'll see if juice moves where it shouldn't, but so far, it's kinda good, and I kinda like that it's weird-looking. :)

Galatek-Molly-1.jpg

Look forward to hearing how you get on with it, if you go for it.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I'm an oddball, for certain, but this Galatek first impression - it's workin' for me...
I VERY rarely will run anything but single wire builds...so this is just what I did. And it's vaping pretty nice.
View attachment 673743

That's 3mm, SS 28g, 7.5 wraps, landing right at 0.4 ohms.
That's my target for all-day everyday vaping: 0.4 to 0.5 for most setups, pretty much always on a single battery mech.

It's pretty quite airy, and the AFC doesn't seem to really scale down airflow in a linear fashion - it stays pretty darned open, until suddenly it's not. Fortunately it's fine for me at about 80% or even full open. If you are picky about a restricted draw, it's probably not the best for you.

Haven't been running it more than a couple hours, so we'll see if juice moves where it shouldn't, but so far, it's kinda good, and I kinda like that it's weird-looking. :)

View attachment 673745
Haha I pre ordered and still haven't got mine. I am also really torn over the dpro for a new squonk.

Train anymore thoughts on the galatek as a squonker and how easy is it over squonking

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I haven't had a leak or oversquonk issue with it at all.
Some atties seem to taste nasty for a bit next morning, when there's a well of liquid sitting - haven't had that either. Also seems to be wicking nicely - some atties with a coil over a bottom air "chute" it seems to be a challenge to get enough juice flowing for me - this one's keeping up.

I WILL point out that building it is different - both reviews above use the supplied coils with legs pre-cut so you might not notice: the wire capture is a "dead end". Wires cannot go "through" and then get cut - you HAVE to precut the legs. It's pretty easy to get the length right so the coil lands over the air, just know that you can't re-adjust for farther out when mounting (you could of course, snip a bit more to move it further in).

I'm still liking it -
On the other hand, even with the cool true dome and duals, I think I'm getting comparable flavor (though a totally different build/approach) with my Gorge. And the Gorge adds better airflow control, 2 caps, super-easy single coil build, and infinite drip tip options. I have a 2nd Gorge coming...

Haha I pre ordered and still haven't got mine. I am also really torn over the dpro for a new squonk.

Train anymore thoughts on the galatek as a squonker and how easy is it over squonking

Reactions: kross8

batteredwombat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
Yup, blokes obviously never used a squonker before ;)
There is a first time for everything, you will get better in time...lol BTW You were correct with dual coils in the soul s. I had a fat fused Clapton in there and wasn't good. Changed to dual coil and now is one of my top rda. Thanks for that review.

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
Looking to purchase and rda but i have only ever used a single coil rda at the local shop thing had no flavor small wire over used cotton

Still waiting on my ammit 25 rta but now im looking into rdas

Use a alien mod with vtc5s

More of a flavor guy but if i can get best of both worlds awesome if not thats fine flavor always

Been eyeing the apocalypse rda the riot and the dead rabbit and the dpro

I have never built anything but one thing i know i dont wanna have to go over 100 watts

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Looking to purchase and rda but i have only ever used a single coil rda at the local shop thing had no flavor small wire over used cotton

Still waiting on my ammit 25 rta but now im looking into rdas

Use a alien mod with vtc5s

More of a flavor guy but if i can get best of both worlds awesome if not thats fine flavor always

Been eyeing the apocalypse rda the riot and the dead rabbit and the dpro

I have never built anything but one thing i know i dont wanna have to go over 100 watts
Out of the 4 rdas you mention I have an Apocalypse and definitely recommend it.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Out of the 4 rdas you mention I have an Apocalypse and definitely recommend it.
I have the Dpro which IMO is primarily a squonk atty and a damn good one at that (shines with dual coils) which I thought would suffer badly from over squonking and suprisingly it doesn't. It's much easier to over squonk on my Hadaly or O Atty then the Dpro.

The dead rabbit I only got yesterday and I was kind of skeptical about well actually I was super skeptical about I mean hellvape isn't necessarily a giant in the industry and the name and design all led me to have low expectations but after roughly 24 hours and 2 different builds I am seriously suprised. It's kind of weird because I don't usually like top airflow RDAs that much but this Vapes like bottom airflow and does not leak and the flavor and vapor is tasty and super thick. It is easy to build on the finish is great Not to mention it squonks like a boss!!!

The apocalypse RDA is a great option also with the newer stainless steel deck authentic variants running $39.99 straight from the manufacturer

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
So much shiny in the vapemail today!
shinyshinyvapemail.jpg

I don't usually get "gold" but I did, lol. That's a Pulse22 and a DPRO.

And I don't usually vape anything but pretty simple single-wire builds, but I had ONE good quality, prefab, SS Clapton at about 0.4 ohms that I threw in the Pulse, and I gotta say...so far it is vaping pretty awesome.

That means I'm going to make something more typical for the DPRO, like dual kanthal 27 g, 6-wrap.

(I run single-battery mech squonkers...)

Anyway, the Pulse is easy to build; suprisingly good flavor; nice squonk action; I like how there are wells positioned for wick; but not TOO much, since we're squonking and don't need a gallon in there; airflow control works well (probably can't get exact positioning if you want it TIGHT, but for restricted, you can open one, or open half of two, etc - and no matter what it's directed pretty much right at the coil; pretty leakproof; etc.

Shiny shiny gold atty is sitting on my tarnishing brass coppervape - a little funky, but I don't care.
:D

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I wanna cop an rda but im also not wanting to break the bank

Getting my first tank ammit 25 rta but im looking at a rda i dont understand ohms law or batteries but i do know i dont wanna have to go over 100 watts

So far been eyeing the cheeta v2 and the dpro

I would recommend getting an RDA with a 2 post velocity style deck for your first RDA.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
anyone got/using a no limit glok 24 rda? Can't find anything in the forum for them or reviews on youtube/sites. A local shop has them priced the same as online and I got a 25% off coupon for the store burning a hole in my pocket. Thinking about taking a chance on it but might just go with a goon 1.5 since the clamp screws on my 2 goon clones are starting to crap out on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread