RDA Wicking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BofaDzNutz

Dec 10, 2013
Atlanta, GA
So i have noticed that, once i rebuild my rda and re-wick it with fresh cotton that i need to re-wick it again after about a day. The wick will be wet but i am getting dry/burnt hits. My coils getting pretty gunked up within that one day so i am not sure if it is because of that or why. When i build my coil i make sure that there are no hot spots in the and that both coils light up nice and even. For my wicks i use organic cotton balls and i use 24g Kanthal wire. I'd greatly appreciate any help.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
That was exactly what I was going to post -- what seems like the "right" amount of cotton, when you first start, is actually, usually, too much -- it should slide easily in the coil when dry, without catching, because when wet, it's going to swell. With cotton, if you get a "dry" hit, try to figure out the nature of the nasty taste -- does it taste like burnt blue jeans? Or hot metal? If it's burnt blue jeans, that's too much cotton. If it's hot metal, then it's not enough.

With rayon, just the opposite -- you need a lot more than what you think seems right, because it compresses when wet. You'll know if you get a dry hit with rayon, because the taste is so horribly, awfully, foul, really chemical tasting. Or again, the hot metal taste, would mean that it's not enough.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread