rdta box ijoy 200w

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlz1987

Apr 23, 2017
hi im new to the whole self modding. i bought the ijoy rdta 200w/225w cheap off someone. he couldn't be bothered with building his own coils. im using the imc-7 deck twin coils. the ones that came with the mod. not been used before. anyway i screwed them into the deck made 2 wicks seems to be working ok. not sure what metal they are. i was geusing ss. so that's what iv set it 2. it shows on screen .35 ohms. iv set the temp at 200 and wattage at 40w. it does crackle and spit a bit but i think thats down to me using 50/50 liquid bit thin. the batteries im using are beeway 18650s 2600mAh. x 2 i dont know if these are good for vaping or not they seem to be ok. not getting warm at all. they are not flat top but fit in ok. so ive bought some kanthal a1 26ga wire and some cotton. my question is how tight do you make the coils and how many wraps do you do. what do you wrap the coils around. once ive made the coils and set it up do i just go with what ohms the mod is telling me its running at? what temp should i run at and wattage. any help appreciated thanks

Reactions: Boompumper

Txaggiesaunt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
Texas
I would research more, watch some YouTube videos on coil building. Maybe hit up a local Vape Shop, meet some people that hang out there and you can find someone to show you how to build. Building your own is fantastic, but you should really not just jump right into it. There are so many different builds it's hard to tell you how many wraps and so on. Good luck and VAPE ON

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
hi im new to the whole self modding. i bought the ijoy rdta 200w/225w cheap off someone. he couldn't be bothered with building his own coils. im using the imc-7 deck twin coils. the ones that came with the mod. not been used before. anyway i screwed them into the deck made 2 wicks seems to be working ok. not sure what metal they are. i was geusing ss. so that's what iv set it 2. it shows on screen .35 ohms. iv set the temp at 200 and wattage at 40w. it does crackle and spit a bit but i think thats down to me using 50/50 liquid bit thin. the batteries im using are beeway 18650s 2600mAh. x 2 i dont know if these are good for vaping or not they seem to be ok. not getting warm at all. they are not flat top but fit in ok. so ive bought some kanthal a1 26ga wire and some cotton. my question is how tight do you make the coils and how many wraps do you do. what do you wrap the coils around. once ive made the coils and set it up do i just go with what ohms the mod is telling me its running at? what temp should i run at and wattage. any help appreciated thanks
Welcome and glad you joined. Might like to simplify vaping without using a tank. Test coils can be easily tested on RDA's.
Suggest experimenting on single coil first then step up to duel. Steam Engine can help you set your goals.
re: Steam Engine | free vaping calculators
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

"im using are beeway 18650s 2600mAh. x 2 i dont know if these are good"
could check:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor

Reactions: curlz1987

curlz1987

Apr 23, 2017
[QUOseah, post: 19478407, member: 247930"]Is that 200 degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius? If it is Fahrenheit, it is way too low. It comes down to personal preference, but when I used to use temp control, I typically set my temp between 450 and 500 degrees.[/QUOTE]
200 Celsius. re wicked it still crackles a bit but not spitting as much and no leaking at all now

curlz1987

Apr 23, 2017
i like the tank as i can use it at work and not 2 keen on the idea of dripping. im going to change my batteries as i think these are re wraps of nitecore batteries and there are a lot of specs with them could be 4a or 40a so not gona chance it. they are still working fine and they are cold when in use but i recon they are only 4a. id rather be on the safer side and try and vape at 1ohm or there abouts. dont think it makes much difference in a regulated mod though

Reactions: BrotherBob

curlz1987

Apr 23, 2017
I would research more, watch some YouTube videos on coil building. Maybe hit up a local Vape Shop, meet some people that hang out there and you can find someone to show you how to build. Building your own is fantastic, but you should really not just jump right into it. There are so many different builds it's hard to tell you how many wraps and so on. Good luck and VAPE ON

cheers yeah i have a vape shop just round the corner will pop in at weekend and have a
chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread