Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulFool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Delaware
Hello Halons, Long time no post.
Quick background, I've been a devoted Halo consumer since the days of True Pure. But it was Halo's Menthol Ice, Subzero and the Triton that allowed me to quit a 20 year pack-a-day habit.

So after years of being completely satisfied with my Tritons I finally gave in and purchased a Reactor, which arrived earlier today. The odds were stacked against me enjoying at much as my Triton since (A) Halo hasn't released my two staple juices, Menthol Ice and Subzero, in high VG. ...luckily Kringle's Curse has become a distant third favorite over the holidays so I ordered that in 3 mg for my free 30ml w/Reactor purchase. And (B) I purchased an eGo One early last year to see what all the fuss was about sub-ohm vaping. However being strictly a mouth-to-lung vapor I wasn't impressed at all with the taste or heat from the eGo One.

After spending the day with the Reactor I went through a range of impressions. I was very impressed, but not surprised, by the build, weight, packaging and overall quality. I tested out my Kringle's Curse first and, similar to my negative eGo One impression, it was too hot — I tried ranges from 16 to 40 watts and the full range of air flows. I was determined to find a comfortable mouth-to-lung setting on the Reactor but had no luck. My vapor with thin, less than my Triton, and again way too hot. I thought it was maybe the KC so I tried my small older bottle of Tribeca in High-VG (it was purchased a while ago for my eGo One to mix with Subzero as an attempt to make VG-ish Menthol X, with no luck). But same results and yuck!, it tasted horrible... I am a hopeless menthol-head. So after cleaning the tank, back went in the Kringle's Curse. I was bummed that I wasn't enjoying the new Reactor as much as I'd hoped but knew I could return it if not satisfied. However I was determined to give it a fair shot. And then finally this evening, with my late-day coffee and having gone an hour or so without vaping, I had a breakthrough and finally did and understood the straight-to-lung hit! I finally got those huge clouds I've being seeing and found the heat more tolerable when I approached the draw differently than my Triton.

With the hopes of Halo eventually releasing VG Menthol Ice and Subzero (I'd settle for Menthol X too) I am keeping the Reactor. But the main point/question I have is are there higher-range coils available that would work with the Reactor that would allow a cooler mouth-to-lung hit? I feel like I enjoy/savor the juice more that way as opposed to straight-to-lung. I noticed other brand "sub-ohm" tanks with atomizers in the 1.2/1.8 range but wasn't sure if other coils are compatible with the Reactor tank. It'd be great if Halo would offer this option for those of us who prefer mouth-to-lung but until then I'm open to trying other compatible coils if they exist. Thanks for any feedback to my long post!

SoulFool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2010
Delaware
Day 2 with the Reactor. I'm liking it more but don't see it replacing my Triton, especially for that first morning vape. The vg KC is tasting better. Being strictly a menthol vapor, I prefer a solid throat-hit but think a v-type Subzero would be too harsh on the Reactor. Maybe if Halo introduced higher resistance Reactor coils that would balance better with menthols, especially Subzero. If not, I could see Mystic being a viable V-Type menthol juice.

Last edited:

nofxjmf

Apr 25, 2013
White Plains NY
I've been using the Reactor and the Tracer for about a month and a half now and I love the Reactor so far. I use it with Tribecca and keep it at home only and it has been my favorite of the halo series. I have only used halo for anything vaping. I keep it at about 18 watts and never touched it since, it gives pretty big clouds.

The Tracer on the other hand. I use that and a Triton on the go and the Triton never fails me but I don't know what I did to the Tracer (With Malibu) but it constantly burns the crap out of my throat. I think maybe the coil is burned or something but even after two years of vaping I don't really know how they work and how to fix them if that is the case. I will use the replacement coil when I finish my Malibu and I switch to a bottle of Kringle's Curse I have.

Reactions: DaveOno

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
but I don't know what I did to the Tracer (With Malibu) but it constantly burns the crap out of my throat. I think maybe the coil is burned or something...
If the coil isn't burnt, the combination of the bat with that coil might just be too much beyond your comfort zone. Try the Tracer tank on the reactor battery, and see if you can dial in a better vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread